No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Cleverly Made Careless Error With Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ostinato View Post
    I have nothing against Cleverly, but that really was one of the shadiest ref jobs I've ever seen. He actually dragged him to his corner!!!
    he looked like the same ref that messed up the 1st edison miranda-arthur Abraham fight

Comment

I'm suprised a Mathematics graduate could be so damn dumb. Typical ****y British fighter who think's he's so much better than he really is. Just like Amir Khan, gets up like an idiot right after being slammed, should have stayed longer on the canvas to recuperate, but his dumbass machismo got in the way and he got his ass whipped. Him and Khan are probably at the club doing the stanky leg together

Comment

Clev himself knew he couldn't win after the 1st round.

Has he ever fought effectively off the back foot?

He is a very good fighter but seeing how that fight went it is hard to imagine how Clev could have won. I said before the fight it might be like Maccarinelli Lebvedev when you just know after about 30 seconds that one guy is getting smoked.

Horrendous match-making from Warren, really, who as usual blames his fighter for 'fighting the wrong fight.' That really winds me up.

Comment

Roy is such a can. He makes a careless error everytime he comments on a fight.

Comment

I don't see how Clev went out there trying to be entertaining as Roy suggests. He was very cautious from the opening bell, threw very few power punches, and seemed focused mainly on not getting hit.

It seemed clear to me that he was very weary of Kovalev's power, not that he disregarded it in an attempt to entertain. The shot that hurt him was also a well-timed counter over a jab, and he didn't get hurt because he was reckless.

I must also say that Kovalev is an excellent finisher. The way he mixes his punches against hurt opponents is beautiful.

Comment

Yep. Cleverly was scared of getting hit and rarely opened up to throw, and when he finally did, got countered and sent to the floor.

Comment

Cleverly disgraced himself and Wales

Cleverly was no more a champion as Nate was given a title not earned it. Embarrassing how Cleverly went out in the KO.

Comment

Working...
                X