No announcement yet.

Who's resume is best? Khan vs Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Am I all over the place? wtf man. Someone said Maidana ducked Bradley and fought another guy. Then I said Bradley ducked Khan and fought Casamayor.

It's the same scenario. Regardless, Bradley called Khan out BEFORE the Alexander fight and AFTER the Alexander fight. Only Khan offered him the fight TWICE and he pussied out.
    Once again Bradley had promotional issues that was well documented..Also had legal issues that was well documented..There was nothing similar with these situations..BTW there WA never a contract signed for the fight..Back to where we started..

Comment

Based on Kotelnik, Khan would smoke Alexander.
      his reasoning...not mine

I base mine on resume and performance like I've stated earlier

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i you actually think that khan beat matthysse that's clearly the best win. he didn't beat matthysse, doe. matthysse won almost all of the rounds. i thought he lost to kotelnik, too, did alexander.

it's khan. his resume is better. if they fought at 147 tomorrow i'd probably favor khan, too. alexander isn't a puncher, or an aggressor. the way to beat khan is to hurt him and beat him up. alexander's just gonna slide around the ring and "tap tap move."

Khan lost most of the rounds? Granted it was close, but Khan won most of the rounds. Even the 12th could have been Khan's round, and the 11th was IMO since Maidana gassed out.

Maidana had a period where he was just getting hit and not landing much.

Comment

Devon fought killer after killer urango kotelnik,bradley, matt, maidana, n baily all back to back thats why his resume is better. Khan last two fights were against bums n they both gave him hell. You can say that Devon Alexander fought a bum in Lee Purdy but that was a last minute fight after kell brook pulled out. Lets not forget that a gust of wind will send khan to the moon n back

Comment

styles make fights. khan and kotelnik don't fight at all alike.
            Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
            This is not how boxing works.
            I know. it was in response to someone else saying based on Maidana Khan would win.

Comment

I know. it was in response to someone else saying based on Maidana Khan would win.
              gotcha. my B

Comment

Resumes are close. Alexander gets the edge because he got 2 gifts. Maybe close fights but a win when you shouldn't is a gift. Khan won VS Maidana by 1 or 2 rounds, clear rounds to score for most. VS Peterson Khan was fighting a person with something illegal in his system.

Drugs do work, look at Chael Sonnen VS Silva with and without PED's.

Look at Overeem with and without PED's

Look at how Wach took Wlad's shots

Look at all these HOF's who were caught on drugs

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                  and I just told u why I wouldn't consider them 'weaker' opposition...if so the same thing can be said for guerrero who fought aydin and berto to earn his p4p spot and a shot against mayweather

maidana didn't go life and death with soto karass...they made it a street fight but I didn't see maidana in any danger of getting stopped which is what going life and death infers doesn't it?

basically u're saying maidana doesn't look good in any fight against ranked opposition which would void the argument josesito giving him trouble because he can box wouldn't it? he performs similarly when he fights "more suitable" opposition
                  I'm saying he only looks good against similar level opponents. Gatekeepers like Soto and Lopez. When he steps up to fight world class boxers like Kotelnik, Khan and Alexander - he loses.

The only reason you think he's improved is because he's fighting fringe level opponents that are more suited to his strengths.

ur reasoning: woulda, coulda, shoulda

and yes I can... if khan and alexander would fight maidana 10 times the fights would play out in different ways (this is exactly why people called for a rematch, which khan sternly refused)...if ur basing ur opinion on a so called predisposed mental edge then u're really ignoring the fact a win is meant to indicate who's better. based on overall performance between khan and alexander against maidana, alexander should be deemed the better fighter
                  My reasoning is that one was fought over 12 and another over 10. If you want to discount the difference, then you're ignorant. Why was Maidana-Alexander fought over 10 I wonder. Same with Alexander-Mattyhsse. It gave Alexander a huge mental edge before the fight even started.

it's lame that it went 10 rounds, but it's not as much of an issue as you seem to believe. maidana was lost at sea by the end of the alexander fight. two round wouldn't have mattered. what's worse, alexander took his best gas, because he was @ 147 and has a great chin.
                  It's a big issue as I explained above. Khan beat the piiss out of Maidana in the 9th round and Maidaina was frustrated and falling to the canvas. Looked ready to quit but he still had 3 rounds left to find a big shot. Whereas if it was a 10 round fight, he'd have 1. Khan also expended a lot of energy but would've realised he only had to survive 3 more minutes. I can't believe anyone can say there's no difference. Fighters should just be allowed to choose how many rounds they box?

Comment

ok then, read this:

the WBA is a sanctioning body which includes the appointment of a world champion in the welterweight division...that makes their #1 ranked fighter the challenger to their champion which maidana. the fact that maidana is ranked that high and considering he has fought and beaten two top 10 ranked fighters indicates "how good a fighter he is"

the video is in the quote posted above, if bscene censors it I'll PM it to u
                    It's not an indication of how good Maidana is compared to the division as a whole, only those that are fighting towards the WBA belt of the WW division. Maidana is not the #1 ranked WW, he is the WBA #1. There is a sizable difference. Maidana is barely a top 10 WW.

With regards to Joe Cooper performance, sure he gave him a warning for the first, I don't think it was justfied as pushing is a very usual and normal "crime" in boxing. I haven't seen anyone before or since getting a point, let alone two, deducted for pushing. The last point, in the end of the last round for a silly push that was just Khan getting Peterson off him, who was coming in with his head, was completely ridiculous.

And take away those points, which should have never been deducted, and the 1st KD, Khan clearly won the fight. Even just the last part would have earned him a draw I think.

Either way you look at it, Khan did not CLEARLY lose. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been talking about it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Storm View Post
                      Once again Bradley had promotional issues that was well documented..Also had legal issues that was well documented..There was nothing similar with these situations..BTW there WA never a contract signed for the fight..Back to where we started..
                      What legal dispute? That Bradley claimed he was a free agent when he wasn't? lol. Bradley ducked out of a fight vs Khan which made Gary Shaw sue him for $450k. And you still want to know if his promoter wanted to sign the contract? Also, if bradley was as confident in a win over Khan as he said he was, why not take the career high payday, beat khan and then fight Pacquiao which was in November anyway?

So, Maidana signs a contract, backs out due to a back injury - DUCK

Bradley calls out Khan, backs out- Not duck?

Explain the logic there Einstein.

Comment

Working...
                      X