Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 keys to defeating Floyd Mayweather: A 17 year study

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look folks, the kid was born for this sport. he put the pieces together at a young age. i mean, the fuker was outboxing frankie randall and sweet pea when he was 15, and yes, i mean pernell whitaker.

george foreman and larry merchant said it best, he is the best natural fighter in the game. nothing has changed folks. he's harnessed his cradt better than anybody.

he boxes as natirally as a fish swims. that is why he is GOD gifted. it's natural.

you may not like it, but it is what it is. deal with it.

he can only lose to himself like broner said. canelo is nothing more than his next victim.
    Last edited by pbftxrs316; 08-21-2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
      Man please. his fight with tony pep is a prime example that it doesn't matter what you bring, he will make you look less than stellar. all of these gameplans you people think up should be mailed to your foghters and then put together so that maybe it could possibly help get the job done.

he beats you mentally by always doing something different to change the complexion of your gameplan. a fighter that methodical always keeps you guessing. he's working your mind and using your thinking and judgment agaonst you.

it'll be no different no matter who he fights. you all can bring up jlc all you want. floyd doesn't fight that style anymore. he has polished his style from 135 lb weightclass.

when will you pricks get it?lol. you have to out-mayweather floyd mayweather jr. and do it being a crafty southpaw imo. he will find a way to get into your thinking no matter what you do. keep him thinking.

sure, a well timed jab helps. fighting well on your toes, great balance, great leverage, speed, great power amd stamina all helps you physically. you have to know how to keep him off balance by making him guess. this is very hard. keep him turning but also do things that keep him unsure of what your next move is. get sloppy at times, but always know why you're doing it.

it is like a confusing puzzle/maze. you have to make him 2nd guess himself and build off of that so that he is never settled into your thinking, coz he thrives off of adjusting to you. work off of his plan b, by keeping him unsettled so that he starts to think that he may have to go to plan c, but he doesn't know.

with a fighter like him, that disrupts his ego, which stifles his arrogance, which in turn keeps him out of his comfort zone. he cannot get into his zone, ever with today's fightets, coz it's all over from there.

beating him truly is a science. and a physical test of will. u better have great intuition and defense. a great chin won't be enough.

in other words trolls, look forward to jim retiring this time around undefeated, once again.
      This is null and void, because of his ducking. I could say the same thing about the Clippers if they were facing the Hornets every other game.

I wanna see how well the Clippers do against the Heat/Bulls/Grizzlies/Spurs/Thunder.

The guys that I mentioned Floyd was ducking are those elite teams. Guys like a balloned up JMM with his 1st fight being at WW against a bigger slickster is like the Thunder minus Russell Westbrook. Past prime Shane is like the Celtics, NOW. Ortiz is like the Nuggets. Guerrero is the Brooklyn Nets.

Imagine if the Bulls got to just chill for 2 years while the Heat and Thunder were facing each other all the time, and their stat players were getting injured. The Bulls pop right back on the scene, and the teams that are left are on the Atlanta Hawks level of greatness.

Then, there's a new team on the scene that's on the Heat's level, but the Bulls don't wanna play them. He sets up road blocks left and right, and his groupies make every excuse for him, instead of catching on like most sane fans.

Man, take this nonsense over to FightHype.

Comment

The problem is that everyone gets easily frustrated after 3 rounds and give up on the game plan. Even Oscar or tired after 8 rounds

Comment

Man please. his fight with tony pep is a prime example that it doesn't matter what you bring, he will make you look less than stellar. all of these gameplans you people think up should be mailed to your foghters and then put together so that maybe it could possibly help get the job done.

he beats you mentally by always doing something different to change the complexion of your gameplan. a fighter that methodical always keeps you guessing. he's working your mind and using your thinking and judgment agaonst you.

it'll be no different no matter who he fights. you all can bring up jlc all you want. floyd doesn't fight that style anymore. he has polished his style from 135 lb weightclass.

when will you pricks get it?lol. you have to out-mayweather floyd mayweather jr. and do it being a crafty southpaw imo. he will find a way to get into your thinking no matter what you do. keep him thinking.

sure, a well timed jab helps. fighting well on your toes, great balance, great leverage, speed, great power amd stamina all helps you physically. you have to know how to keep him off balance by making him guess. this is very hard. keep him turning but also do things that keep him unsure of what your next move is. get sloppy at times, but always know why you're doing it.

it is like a confusing puzzle/maze. you have to make him 2nd guess himself and build off of that so that he is never settled into your thinking, coz he thrives off of adjusting to you. work off of his plan b, by keeping him unsettled so that he starts to think that he may have to go to plan c, but he doesn't know.

with a fighter like him, that disrupts his ego, which stifles his confidence, which in turn keeps him out of his comfort zone. he cannot get into his zone, ever with today's fightets, coz it's all over from there.

beating him truly is a science. and a physical test of will. u better have great intuition and defense. a great chin won't be enough.

in other words trolls, look forward to jim retiring this time around undefeated, once again.
          Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
          This is null and void, because of his ducking. I could say the same thing about the Clippers if they were facing the Hornets every other game.

I wanna see how well the Clippers do against the Heat/Bulls/Grizzlies/Spurs/Thunder.

The guys that I mentioned Floyd was ducking are those elite teams. Guys like a balloned up JMM with his 1st fight being at WW against a bigger slickster is like the Thunder minus Russell Westbrook. Past prime Shane is like the Celtics, NOW. Ortiz is like the Nuggets. Guerrero is the Brooklyn Nets.

Imagine if the Bulls got to just chill for 2 years while the Heat and Thunder were facing each other all the time, and their stat players were getting injured. The Bulls pop right back on the scene, and the teams that are left are on the Atlanta Hawks level of greatness.

Then, there's a new team on the scene that's on the Heat's level, but the Bulls don't wanna play them. He sets up road blocks left and right, and his groupies make every excuse for him, instead of catching on like most sane fans.

Man, take this nonsense over to FightHype.
          read carefully pal. you need to understand me right now friend. nothing i type in is null and void. you make these claims about him ducking which are bullsh1+ claims and repeated nonsense that you and your fellow nerds buttlick one another off of.

you claiming he ducked all of those prime fighters is just that, a fukin claim. not facts. he has never ducked any fighter ever.

and i have already made countless threads and posts about this and have never put anyone on ignore so go back and read them. you won't win against me homez.

you're only fighting a losing battle like floyd's opponents.lol.

catch my drift?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            The problem is that everyone gets easily frustrated after 3 rounds and give up on the game plan. Even Oscar or tired after 8 rounds
            one other thing I've seen is if they get him hurt, they exclusively headhunt after that, even though he is in maximum protect the head mode at that point.

a good dig to the ribs while he's zinged upstairs might open up the head for the finish.

its like they all lose their sanity when they get him hurt... I think its due to the frustrating nature of fighting someone like him

Comment

floyd is open to body shots, castillo was a great body puncher but not dynamic and fast enough to pull it off.

when shane had floyd hurt, shane was going crazy head hunting instead of finding a sweet body shot which floyd is open for.

A smart, strong, fast, in his prime fighter with a great body punching skills could sneak in a body shot ko on floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                floyd is open to body shots, castillo was a great body puncher but not dynamic and fast enough to pull it off.

when shane had floyd hurt, shane was going crazy head hunting instead of finding a sweet body shot which floyd is open for.

A smart, strong, fast, in his prime fighter with a great body punching skills could sneak in a body shot ko on floyd.
                I don't get why they don't dig to te body more! I need to jab jab and jab and punch him on his elbows and shoulders and the body then later after the 8th round the head shots will be there. Easier said than done but not impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  I don't get why they don't dig to te body more! I need to jab jab and jab and punch him on his elbows and shoulders and the body then later after the 8th round the head shots will be there. Easier said than done but not impossible
                  that's the point though, they are not used to seeing hin hurt in other fights, so there's really nothing for them to grab from to even know what to do next if they hurt him seeing how he knows how to offset their attack by showing his grit. he'll grab you. stay close and smother you or put his arms up to block you. it'll never be easy to finish him coz he is so.good at creating the distance he needs to keep you from further momentum. which goes back to how this comes natural to him.

he spars heavier fighters for this reason. to increase his strength if he has to grab you and smother your offensive arsonal against. he isn't naturally as strong as these guys but after he completes his training, he can rival any fighter's strength he fights.

like you mentioned, it is not easy, but yes, possible. good luck.lol.

Comment

Whats funny is all the fighters people say he avoided contain of all these traits combined so in turn you are creating the perfect fighter to beat him.

Comment

that's the point though, they are not used to seeing hin hurt in other fights, so there's really nothing for them to grab from to even know what to do next if they hurt him seeing how he knows how to offset their attack by showing his grit. he'll grab you. stay close and smother you or put his arms up to block you. it'll never be easy to finish him coz he is so.good at creating the distance he needs to keep you from further momentum. which goes back to how this comes natural to him.

he spars heavier fighters for this reason. to increase his strength if he has to grab you and smother your offensive arsonal against. he isn't naturally as strong as these guys but after he completes his training, he can rival any fighter's strength he fights.

like you mentioned, it is not easy, but yes, possible. good luck.lol.
                      He doesn't have to be hurt to implement the game plan though

Comment

Working...
                      X