No announcement yet.

Why all the stick for Adrien Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PUK_MY_DANG_34 View Post
    GGG and Matthysse are on their way. Broner really hasn't done ****.
    All 3 fighters have done something but none of them has done enough to justify how high their fans have elevated each of them IMO.

Comment

Kid has talent,but he plays to much in the ring and i am afraid one day that will cost him

Comment

Originally posted by DwightMare View Post
        What has GGG done? But to answer the question I don't hate Broner. I actually like the kid he's an under achiever if you ask me. He has the talent to be one of the best fighters out there.
        I just mean he is on his way to doing something. There are a few good fights for him right now, and I'd be willing to bet he'll fight anyone. Plus with the scenario at HBO right now, I'd guess they wouldn't be too interested in purchasing Golovkin vs a pure bum.

About Broner, I more or less agree with you, except I think he is a bit of a prick. I get the impression Broner is going be be protected and he isn't exactly calling out the top dogs in and around his weight-class right now. Hell, a few potential coming out fights for Broner can't be made because the dude insists of becoming friends with everyone. I think he has untapped potential, I just hope we get a chance to see what he can really do.

Comment

GGG and Matthysse are on their way. Broner really hasn't done ****.
          Actually Matthysse has accomplished the most out of the 3. I would say Broner has done as much as GGG has. It's just that Golovkin has been more impressive by knocking most of his opponents out. I think you should also consider the fact that Broner has been moving up weight classes. He's already a 3 weight champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
            The hype for broner, matts and GGG has really exceeded any rational limit.
            ?
            Matthysse and GGG are not only civilized and respectful people, they are actually excellent, crowd pleasing boxers. Most of their fights you can watch half a dozen times. Exciting, lots of KOs, two hard working guys.
            They are the anti-Broners.
            You must be smoking some nasty shít if you put those three names together.

Comment

his rhymes make French Montana look like Chuck D
              his boasts make David Haye look like Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
                All 3 fighters have done something but none of them has done enough to justify how high their fans have elevated each of them IMO.
                I'm basically saying Broner is the least deserving of the hype he's getting. He isn't as hyped as GGG or Matts around here(I agree the hype for all 3 is a bit nuts), but people on WSHH, YouTube, etc. legitimately think he is the second-coming of Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                  Actually Matthysse has accomplished the most out of the 3. I would say Broner has done as much as GGG has. It's just that Golovkin has been more impressive by knocking most of his opponents out. I think you should also consider the fact that Broner has been moving up weight classes. He's already a 3 weight champ.
                  I'm just talking about the ratio of how hyped they are vs. their accomplishments. Matts has had a better career than 99% of what all other fighters will have, but amongst some people the hero-worship is Ali/Robinson levels, and in my opinion it isn't deserved yet.

About Broner and GGG, yeah, on paper their accomplishments do look pretty similar(Broner might even have the edge), but I think you do have to take the manner in which they are winning into account. GGG is knocking dude's heads off while Broner is getting gift decisions and going life and death with Malignaggi.
                  Last edited by PUK_MY_DANG_34; 08-19-2013, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I'm basically saying Broner is the least deserving of the hype he's getting. He isn't as hyped as GGG or Matts around here(I agree the hype for all 3 is a bit nuts), but people on WSHH, YouTube, etc. legitimately think he is the second-coming of Mayweather.
                    People are entitled to their opinions. I think if Broner was someone else and he went up 2 classes and won a title NSB would view the accomplishment differently.

I think GGG is least deserving and then Broner. My issue with the Matts hype was when it started-post Mike Dalls Jr was ridiculous. But the Petersen win was big and he deservved more credit.

Comment

Jeff Lacy Jr.
                      Very, very probably.

Comment

Working...
                      X