No announcement yet.

Why all the stick for Adrien Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PUK_MY_DANG_34 View Post
    I just mean he is on his way to doing something. There are a few good fights for him right now, and I'd be willing to bet he'll fight anyone. Plus with the scenario at HBO right now, I'd guess they wouldn't be too interested in purchasing Golovkin vs a pure bum.

About Broner, I more or less agree with you, except I think he is a bit of a prick. I get the impression Broner is going be be protected and he isn't exactly calling out the top dogs in and around his weight-class right now. Hell, a few potential coming out fights for Broner can't be made because the dude insists of becoming friends with everyone. I think he has untapped potential, I just hope we get a chance to see what he can really do.
    GGG has fights he just has to move up to get them. Eddie Hearn just said a couple months ago that he and Froch were interested. And he's a bigger draw than anybody from 160 to 168. So please don't try and sell me on the nobody will fight GGG story. It's getting old.
    And why isn't anybody lobbying for GGG to move up to 168? Broner and Floyd have to fight guys 2 to 3 weight classes heavy in order to get respect. Why does this guy get a pass? Because we like him? The hypocrisy on this site is ridiculous. You kill one guy while giving other guys a pass for the same ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
      You say that like it is a bad thing. He could be sucking guys off or dressing up in girl clothes (more than he already does)
      yeah it's a bad thing when the p.u.s.s.y he gonna lick has probably been pricked more times than a dartboard and oozing purple greeny s.h.it

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
        People are entitled to their opinions. I think if Broner was someone else and he went up 2 classes and won a title NSB would view the accomplishment differently.

I think GGG is least deserving and then Broner. My issue with the Matts hype was when it started-post Mike Dalls Jr was ridiculous. But the Petersen win was big and he deservved more credit.
        Of course bro. Just sharing mine and maybe learning something new by reading what other people think.

If Matts beats Garcia emphatic fashion I think a case could be made for him being a top p4p guy. I'm pulling for him next month. I feel like with Broner he could fairly easily justify a little of the hype if he beats some guys like Maidana, Guerrero, maybe Thurman. Hell, even some guys back down at 140 could seal the deal for me. GGG is mostly fighting guys a couple of rungs lower than him, but he's knocking them out. He too is a couple of big wins away from really deserving some of the hype he is getting.

Just what puts GGG over Broner for me is the manner in which they are proving themselves against lesser opponents. You have knockouts versus gift decisions and unnecessary struggles.

Comment

Originally posted by DwightMare View Post
          GGG has fights he just has to move up to get them. Eddie Hearn just said a couple months ago that he and Froch were interested. And he's a bigger draw than anybody from 160 to 168. So please don't try and sell me on the nobody will fight GGG story. It's getting old.
          And why isn't anybody lobbying for GGG to move up to 168? Broner and Floyd have to fight guys 2 to 3 weight classes heavy in order to get respect. Why does this guy get a pass? Because we like him? The hypocrisy on this site is ridiculous. You kill one guy while giving other guys a pass for the same ****.
          I think you misunderstood me, bro. I never said anyone is ducking GGG or that there are no fights for him. To clarify I'm saying I think he is close to really proving himself since there are good fights for him, whether he stays at '60 or moves to 68', and with HBO not trying to buy weak ass tuneups or bum fights, I think we'll be seeing good **** from GGG sooner rather than later.

Also, I never mentioned Floyd, I have a lot of respect for his talent and watch all his fights. About Broner, I'm just not sure him or his promoter is going to be willing to put him in with someone who is a threat quite yet. If he fights Maidana, then respect.

Comment

Im a boxing fan, so I like his boxing skills. But his character, NOT so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PUK_MY_DANG_34 View Post
              I think you misunderstood me, bro. I never said anyone is ducking GGG or that there are no fights for him. To clarify I'm saying I think he is close to really proving himself since there are good fights for him, whether he stays at '60 or moves to 68', and with HBO not trying to buy weak ass tuneups or bum fights, I think we'll be seeing good **** from GGG sooner rather than later.

Also, I never mentioned Floyd, I have a lot of respect for his talent and watch all his fights. About Broner, I'm just not sure him or his promoter is going to be willing to put him in with someone who is a threat quite yet. If he fights Maidana, then respect.
              I was just using Floyd and Broner as an example. As far as Broner goes I still look at him as a prospect even though he is a multi division champion. Look how delicate they have been with Canelo. He has double the fights Broner has. Maidana is a nice fight to really evaluate Broner. Still don't think its PPV worthy but I can afford it so I'll probably order it.

Comment

I bet TS thinks Broner would beat Sugar Ray Robinson.

Comment

Hes still a prospect in my eyes. Taper your expectations. Hes a good fighter with a lot of room for improvement. Hes still a kid boxing wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo1 View Post
                    The kid is a rising star. An American fighter I actually like atm who is gonna go places. I can't believe so many arm chair athletes knock his performance!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the guy is good?!
                    He's good but as a person he's a piece of ****. That's why I can't stand him and hope he gets knocked out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
                      Lets see, I'l try not to beat around the bush:
                      He's an average boxer at best, with two losses against very average fighters.
                      He's a disgusting, ignorate brute.
                      He's a foul-mouthed nasty looking baboon.
                      He's unoriginal, trying to be Floyd but ends up being a talentless, cheapo version of Money.
                      He's a criminal, a thief.
                      He bites people like the animal he is.
                      He's 100% pure and unaltered scum and if the day comes that this animal becomes the new face of boxing maybe its a sign that human kind should cease to exist.
                      He's such a poor boxer that you cant even make a case for him just based on his athletic exploits in the ring: He has none. But making matters worse, he's such a disgusting pig, both inside and out, that anyone that calls himself a Broner fan should be put to sleep along with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X