Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brits: Should Barker have been counted out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brits: Should Barker have been counted out?

First of all congrats to him on a great win, I thought the judges made the right decision. New champion and well deserved.

But a lot of you defended the ref stoppage in Chisora vs. Malik Scott. What was the difference between what happened there and what happened when Barker got up at the count of 9 tonight?
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 08-17-2013, 11:32 PM.

That was a lil bit of a ***** move

Comment

Well, the BBBoC or something had different rules don't they? I remember they released an article saying it's in the rules (over there) that you must be up before the count of 10, 10 being the wave off.

I thought he got up in time, but I want to watch it again

Comment

I thought he was up on 8 or at least getting up. Scott didn't start getting up until 9.

In saying that, Scott should've been allowed to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          First of all congrats to him on a great win, I thought the judges made the right decision. New champion and well deserved.

But a lot of you defended the ref stoppage in Chisora vs. Malik Scott. What was the difference between what happened there and what happened when Barker got up at the count of 9 tonight?
          The difference is Barker fought in the great state of New Jersey. While we have had some absolute robberies, our judging and reffing is some of the better judging and reffing your gonna find in american boxing, after a close ass fight like that im sure you brits will agree with me. Had Barker fought anywhere else he probably would have lost. It was razor close but gave it to Barker, Geale blew it big time

Comment

I thought he got up at 8.

Comment

Barker closed the show...quit crying!!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Barker closed the show...quit crying!!
                I imagine he saved britians night as well after the earlier disaster

Comment

The difference is the ref didn't make a bad call tonight,in the Chisora fight he did-i'm a brit,just telling how it is

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    In saying that, Scott should've been allowed to continue.
                    Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                    The difference is the ref didn't make a bad call tonight,in the Chisora fight he did-i'm a brit,just telling how it is
                    Thanks for being honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X