No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Stevens Deal Reached For November 2nd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
    I keep thinking you guys are talking about Stevenson (as in the guy who annihilated Chad Dawson).

I get excited thinking this is a great fight, but then I realize you guys are talking about that worthless bum curtis stevens.
    Lol, same here.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      You do realize that Stevens and Stevenson are not the same guy don't you.
      Lmmfao! Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        That was ongoing though wasn't it? There were talks of it last month and Bellew too.
        Also why would he jump up 2 weight classes and 15 pounds when he doesn't even weight 175 in the ring on fight night?
        Stevenson was moving up from 168 when he starched Dawson and sys he can still make that weight. He and GGG at 168 is an excellent fight, IMO. Much more interesting than this Stevens garbage.

Comment

GGG by 2nd rd KO. Showtime is getting wrecked.

Comment

Stevenson was moving up from 168 when he starched Dawson and sys he can still make that weight. He and GGG at 168 is an excellent fight, IMO. Much more interesting than this Stevens garbage.
            It would be, I'd prefer that to this

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              It would be, I'd prefer that to this
              GGG's future is likely at 68 or 75. Martinez is gonna be a very appealing name for Floyd and Canelo, regardless of the outcome of their fight. I could see Barker and Geale doing an immediate rematch. Chavez Jr is going to 68. And Quillen isn't possible to make right now. I'd much rather see GGG throw his name in the 68 and even 75 mix instead of wasting time at middleweight waiting on fights that aren't gonna happen.

Comment

GGG's future is likely at 68 or 75. Martinez is gonna be a very appealing name for Floyd and Canelo, regardless of the outcome of their fight. I could see Barker and Geale doing an immediate rematch. Chavez Jr is going to 68. And Quillen isn't possible to make right now. I'd much rather see GGG throw his name in the 68 and even 75 mix instead of wasting time at middleweight waiting on fights that aren't gonna happen.
                They've mulled it over in the past. They've offered Oosthizen and Rodriguez a fight.
                Maybe not a permanent stay, but one to dip their feet in.
                I think their plan for the time being is stay until they know they can't get Martinez, then move on

Comment

This is a completely uselss and pointless fight. Don't see why GGG couldn't have waited a couple hours to see who wins Geale-Barker and fight the winner. GGG is very good. But its time for him to step up and fight some legitimate contenders to justify some of this hype.
                  He has a November 2nd date for HBO, after that brutal fight these guys were just in, do you think either of them is getting back in the ring in 2 months? Especially against one of the top two in the division? I hope that fight happens but it wont happen until at least 2014. For now, this is the best fight that could be made at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
                    He has a November 2nd date for HBO, after that brutal fight these guys were just in, do you think either of them is getting back in the ring in 2 months? Especially against one of the top two in the division? I hope that fight happens but it wont happen until at least 2014. For now, this is the best fight that could be made at the moment
                    I think both Barker and Geale know if they were to fight GGG they would lose. They both looked very sub-par in comparison to the top MW's, honestly think Macklin would handle them both, while GGG would probably put them in the emergency room.

Neither will fight him any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
                      Stevens is a backwards step for a guy who's hype far outweighs his resume. When you've got guys like Rigondeaux out there outclassing top 5 P4P fighters in his 12th or 13th fight. And guys like Broner who are willing to jump two divisions in order to find at least a top 10 contender. One starts to think what the hell is GGG doing even acknowledging that this clown that got beat by Jessie friggin' Brinkley even exist.

Comment

Working...
                      X