Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was Cleverly's game plan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Calzache told Box Nation: Boxing... Drag Kovalev into the late rounds -- as he never fought more than 8 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      cover up, slip punches and hope he gasses.
      And he forgot to throw punches too lol...

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        I didn't understand why Cleverly was walking towards him. You don't walk down a puncher, especially not a murderous puncher. He should've been boxing off the backfoot to survive until the mid-rounds where maybe, maybe his fitness would take over.
        One can't simply run away from Kovalev -- he cuts the ring easily and connects monster punches into the process.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          One can't simply run away from Kovalev -- he cuts the ring easily and connects monster punches into the process.
          And even if his punches are blocked, they hurt like hell

Comment

He hit Kovalev with the jab pretty easily. I guess the plan was to slip and block punches, land the jab and wait for Kovalev to gas.

Right from the start it was clear that he was in over his head. He needed to use the ring and hope to frustrate and tire Kovalev, but I don't think that's in Cleverly. He's like Khan in his lack of discipline.

Comment

it was obviously to get kovalev to open up early and survive, hoping for a late round surge when kovalev tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
                He hit Kovalev with the jab pretty easily. I guess the plan was to slip and block punches, land the jab and wait for Kovalev to gas.

Right from the start it was clear that he was in over his head. He needed to use the ring and hope to frustrate and tire Kovalev, but I don't think that's in Cleverly. He's like Khan in his lack of discipline.
                Clev was scared like shit... They all are -- since Kovalev killed Simakov.

Comment

Why is weathering the storm and come on late always the plan for most euro fighters stepping up?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Why is weathering the storm and come on late always the plan for most euro fighters stepping up?
                    They saw Froch doing this...

Comment

Whatever it was...LOL!

Comment

Working...
                      X