Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Alvarado Passed Up for the Pacquiao PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was Alvarado Passed Up for the Pacquiao PPV?

I read alot of Alvarado's hand was hurt, but he is slated to fight in October against a dangerous Provodnikov?

Did I miss some fall out in negotiations? Did Top Rank pull another fast one on the fans?

help me out boxing heads

Comment

I don't see how fighting either guy would enhance Pac's legacy even further, which leaves to the only explanation, money.

Comment

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
        I read alot of Alvarado's hand was hurt, but he is slated to fight in October against a dangerous Provodnikov?

Did I miss some fall out in negotiations? Did Top Rank pull another fast one on the fans?
        they wanted a more winnable fight for Pacquiao since Alvarado can box when he decides to.

Rios has one style so it'll be a fan friendly fight. Theoretically Rios is tailor-made for Pacquiao

Comment

To be honest the injury excuse only came up after Manny signed to fight Rios..ios was chosen because he cant spell the word defense,doesnt even know how to take a step back and only moves his head when he gets hit.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
            they wanted a more winnable fight for Pacquiao since Alvarado can box when he decides to.

Rios has one style so it'll be a fan friendly fight. Theoretically Rios is tailor-made for Pacquiao
            That's the answer and they will be in China with millions upon millions watching the fight, watching him treat Rios like a punching bag.

Comment

As if Alvarado would do better.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                As if Alvarado would do better.
                I was going to say this as well.

Alvarado = Cotto, Rios = Margarito

Manny took care of both quite handily.

Comment

Because they wanted Pac to fight a tailor made guy like Rios that will walk into anything with no defense. Alvarado is a brawler but can box as well.
                  This upcoming Pac fight will be to hype up his last few and try to convince people that getting sparked by a juiced up JMM didn't have any affect on him.
                  He would beat Alvarado, but not look as good as what he's going to do to Rios....

Comment

Alvarado could survive if he tried... Rios wont run or attempt to box. Alvarado isnt a good enough boxer go exploit someone as good or fast as Pac so it woulda been more running than boxing lol. That and pac's feet are much faster he could catch up to him as it is at some point.

Comment

Working...
                    X