No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher alltime? Wlad or Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Well does it not also correlate with a downgrade in level of opponents also? No question he's gotten better, but it's naive to say he wasn't in his prime.

Wlad is certainly the first I've ever heard of who was a 27 year old, 6time defending champ, gold medalist, and 7 year pro who still hadn't reached his prime!
    yes,,he is a rarity in peaking so late. I still dont believe he was in his prime when he lost to brewster and sanders. he made alot of amateur mistakes back then that hes corrected

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Well does it not also correlate with a downgrade in level of opponents also? No question he's gotten better, but it's naive to say he wasn't in his prime.

Wlad is certainly the first I've ever heard of who was a 27 year old, 6time defending champ, gold medalist, and 7 year pro who still hadn't reached his prime!
      Mate, how do you define prime?

To be more clear - Wlad wasn't 65% of a fighter he's today. If you can be in your prime while being 65% of your best so be it.

Byrd, Chagaev, TT I, Chambers, Peter, Haye, Ibragimov are all better than Sanders.

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        I dont care if he had 80 fights. hes clearly better now than he was when he lost to sanders and brewster. he doesnt make the same amateurish mistakes. hes smarter,,,paces himself bettter and uses his height better. if you cant see that youre either blind or a hater
        so as long as someones called Klitschko, its ok for them to be green with 80 fights under their belt.

How were you trying to define blindness again?

Comment

he made alot of amateur mistakes back then that hes corrected
          the main one would be picking better opponents than he does now, I would imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
            so as long as someones called Klitschko, its ok for them to be green with 80 fights under their belt.

How were you trying to define blindness again?
            I dont care what the hell his name is. Im a fan of alot of fighters and I call it as I see it. if a fighter fixes his flaws and becomes a more complete fighter whether its after 10 fights or 100 fights hes then considered in his prime. wlads peaked over the last 5 yrs or so fundamentally

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
              the main one would be picking better opponents than he does now, I would imagine.
              he did fight haye not too far back and hes fighting povetkin next. cant fault him for opponents not wanting to risk it in there with him. u can only fight those who are willing

Comment

I dont care what the hell his name is. Im a fan of alot of fighters and I call it as I see it. if a fighter fixes his flaws and becomes a more complete fighter whether its after 10 fights or 100 fights hes then considered in his prime. wlads peaked over the last 5 yrs or so fundamentally
                I respect your strong desire to stand by your opinion.

Comment

I dont care if he had 80 fights. hes clearly better now than he was when he lost to sanders and brewster. he doesnt make the same amateurish mistakes. hes smarter,,,paces himself bettter and uses his height better. if you cant see that youre either blind or a hater
                  Wlad isn't better now. His opponents are worse now. Big difference but I don't expect flaming Klitlickers to make that distinction.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewa1 View Post
                    Dude, you're not worthy of your profile pick. You are one serious dumbass. YDSAB. Come back when you can have a rational conversation complete with facts and counterarguments.
                    Sorry, but a "rational conversation" is impossible with a window licking spastic like you.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewa1 View Post
                      The top contenders today would dominate the 80's contenders.
                      ^^^^^ A perfect example of a seriously ******ed claim that proves the impossibility of a rational discussion about boxing with this spastic.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X