No announcement yet.

Soliman and N'Dam in the mix for Golovkin Nov. 2nd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r__mutt View Post
    Great points here; the glass-half-full side for N'dam is that he GOT UP all 6 times and continued to fight. Some thought the fight was still up for grabs in the championship rounds until Quillin scored the two final knockdowns.

That being said, GGG probably has a hell lot more power than Quillin, and better timing...probably would catch N'dam throwing those wide combos he threw against Quillin.
    People will just say Chocolate ruined N'dam for golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
      I think you may be overstating his drawing power a little bit

I dont see how marketing Stevens over Ndam is clearly easier for HBO
      Maybe I am. But I ask you who is better choice to sell a fight in NYC as an opponent for a fighter whose 2nd or 3rd language is english?

NDam-speaks french, fought once in USA-las fight 6 kd's in a loss
      STevens-from NYC, fought 90% of fights in NYC, conn, NJ, last fight 1 rd ko.

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
        Yes he is. YOu have to try and think like a casual fan.

Stevens won his last fight by devastating KO on TV, while NDam got KD 6 times in a fight that was 1/2 a mile away from the arena GGG has booked for Novemeber. Many of the same fans who will be at the GGG fight just watched ndam look bad (think like a casual fan).
        I concede, you've convinced me.

Comment

Thats not the perception given their last performances.

You wouldn't find it embrassing if GGG fights N'Dam after QUillin knocked him down 6 times in defeat? Come on weebler.

I'd find it considerably more embarrassing if he fought a complete stiff like Stevens, who has proven himself to be of no worth and who got the sh^t kicked out of him just a couple of years back by Jesse f^cking Brinkley.

Have you even seen N'Dam's fight with Quillin?

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            I'd find it considerably more embarrassing if he fought a complete stiff like Stevens, who has proven himself to be of no worth and who got the sh^t kicked out of him just a couple of years back by Jesse f^cking Brinkley.

Have you even seen N'Dam's fight with Quillin?
            check the posts followin this in the thread and you will understand the point I made. Yes Ndam did ok despite being KD 6 times.

Comment

Look at it this way: Quillin needed 6 KD's to win a narrow decision victory of N'Dam who is a very "slick" boxer with great all around skills.

Comment

Maybe I am. But I ask you who is better choice to sell a fight in NYC as an opponent for a fighter whose 2nd or 3rd language is english?

NDam-speaks french, fought once in USA-las fight 6 kd's in a loss
                STevens-from NYC, fought 90% of fights in NYC, conn, NJ, last fight 1 rd ko.
                Any idea what the Kazak demographic is in NY?
                I think the Eastern European population is starting to warm up to him too.
                When i went to go see him against proksa, there was a decent crowd, not enough to fill the venue.
                Golovkin has gotten much bigger since then though and it was in Verona NY.... the countryside of NY

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Any idea what the Kazak demographic is in NY?
                  I think the Eastern European population is starting to warm up to him too.
                  When i went to go see him against proksa, there was a decent crowd, not enough to fill the venue.
                  Golovkin has gotten much bigger since then though and it was in Verona NY.... the countryside of NY
                  Arakawa Dunn is gonna go out on a limb and say there are more african americans in NYC than Kazakstans-lol. Stevens will talk alot of ****. Remember he was part of broadway boxing series, "chin checkers" and just brooklyn fans in genral will go see. He did have a good contingent in Uncasville.

I'm not saying he's Gatti or Adamek, but its better tha NDam. GGG has a good base. Atmosphere would be hot.

Proska fight should've been closer to Jersey. Strong polish contingent would've sold better IMO.

Comment

Arakawa Dunn is gonna go out on a limb and say there are more blacks in NYC than Kazakstans-lol. Stevens will talk alot of ****. Remember he was part of broadway boxing series, "chin checkers" and just brooklyn fans in genral will go see. He did have a good contingent in Uncasville.

I'm not saying he's Gatti or Adamek, but its better tha NDam.

Proska fight should've been closer to Jersey. Strong polish contingent would've sold better IMO.
                    I'm not saying that the Kazak community is overwhelming in NY, but enough to draw interest. There were a good amount when I went to Verona, and like I said, that's bum **** nowhere.
                    There were a good amount of Pole fans there, Wach was even there.
                    Don't know why it was in Verona... middle of nowhere

Comment

Arakawa Dunn is gonna go out on a limb and say there are more african americans in NYC than Kazakstans-lol. Stevens will talk alot of ****. Remember he was part of broadway boxing series, "chin checkers" and just brooklyn fans in genral will go see. He did have a good contingent in Uncasville.

I'm not saying he's Gatti or Adamek, but its better tha NDam. GGG has a good base. Atmosphere would be hot.

Proksa fight was meant to be Pirog Golovkin, so it was already scheduled before Proksa stepped in

Comment

Working...
                      X