Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curtis Stevens offered 300K. Fight likely not to happen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If GG and Stevens doesn't happen, GG will fight another bum like he always does, and his fans will scream that everyone is ducking him. Foh, lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      We'll hear by monday.
      Maybe they'll reconsider with everybody calling Main Events and Stevens a Pvssy

when they accept we will have every saying Stevens was forced into the fight when he accepts.....

I think Team Stevens should think about the offer and not make any quick decisions right away. You should never accept less than what you think you should get.

Comment

• You know what this reminds me off? When Kid Chocolate made his name by calling out Martinez. I had no idea who he was before he did that. And similarly to Stevens, he had previously turned down on offer to fight Martinez.

Comment

• Think thatz a fair amount of pay...Curtis really hasn't earned a shot at the title...but maybe he could get to $350K since its a dangerous fight which I see very little chance of him winning...

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            You know what this reminds me off? When Kid Chocolate made his name by calling out Martinez. I had no idea who he was before he did that. And similarly to Stevens, he had previously turned down on offer to fight Martinez.
            Quillin didn't make a name calling out Martinez. Stevens, Quillin and GG are unknowns to fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              Quillin didn't make a name calling out Martinez. Stevens, Quillin and GG are unknowns to fans.
              I'd say most boxing fans that follow the sport know who Quillin and GGG are by now.

But relatively speaking, back then even hardcore fans didn't even know who the hell Quillin was. Quillin calling out Martinez is what made people notice him for the first time, which is what I mean. Same with GGG and Stevenson recently.

Comment

I'd say most boxing fans that follow the sport know who Quillin and GGG are by now.

But relatively speaking, back then even hardcore fans didn't even know who the hell Quillin was. Quillin calling out Martinez is what made people notice him for the first time, which is what I mean. Same with GGG and Stevenson recently.
                He be trolling on the daily.

Comment

Fans who follow the sport know Stevens, Quillin and GG, but fans in general don't. Ask a friend that you don't watch boxing with who any of the three are, and see if they know any of them. I'm not even trying to be funny either. Call them by their whole name and se if they know them.

Nobody knew who Quillin was after calling Martinez out. Nobody even saw or heard him call Martinez out except the diehards. I'm not trying to eff with you either. There are people who have not even heard of Broner or Ward...hell there are people today who don't even know who the hvw champ of the world is.

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    THey posted an article on NSB earlier. Said HBO was interested in showing his last 2 fights
                    Is that recent? I heard those rumors when the September date was in play. But I doubt they'd show him from Monaco, with that solid but no name cruiser tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      Fans who follow the sport know Stevens, Quillin and GG, but fans in general don't. Ask a friend that you don't watch boxing with who any of the three are, and see if they know any of them. I'm not even trying to be funny either. Call them by their whole name and se if they know them.

Nobody knew who Quillin was after calling Martinez out. Nobody even saw or heard him call Martinez out except the diehards. I'm not trying to eff with you either. There are people who have not even heard of Broner or Ward...hell there are people today who don't even know who the hvw champ of the world is.
                      If you want to use the mainstream as the yardstick, the only two fighters people know are Mayweather and Pacquiao. I think that's rather obvious. I'm only speaking relatively to the people in the small niche of boxing fandom
                      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-10-2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X