No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly's Trainer: 100% Confident Kovalev Will Get KO'd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Protected fighters don't make offers to big names for over a year. Sorry you were unaware of this.
    Protected fighters get free belts and fight nobodies for years. Sorry you were unaware of this

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Protected fighters get free belts and fight nobodies for years. Sorry you were unaware of this
      Protected fighters like most of your favourites don't seek out big fights.

Why do you play dumb and troll pretending that Cleverly has not agreed to fight the likes of Hopkins, Froch and Shumenov for years? It's not his fault that these guys have not fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Protected fighters like most of your favourites don't seek out big fights.

Why do you play dumb and troll pretending that Cleverly has not agreed to fight the likes of Hopkins, Froch and Shumenov for years? It's not his fault that these guys have not fight him.
        If course it's never the protected fighters fault says the guy supporting slappy

Comment

Yea it's odd with a career of being protected. My hats off to him tho, I didn't expect him to take the fight let alone beg for it
          Seems like he feels like he has something to prove. Guess we will see what he is made of after this bout.

Hey RC are you going to Golovkin-TBD in MSG?

Comment

If course it's never the protected fighters fault says the guy supporting slappy
            Please explain how it's his fault. It's not my fault you are an ill-informed spastic but you'll probably try to claim it is

Cleverly agreed to fight Hopkins in New York a year ago. Hopkins chose Cloud instead. Please explain how that's Cleverly's fault.

Comment

Putting aside Vince Cleverly's oh-so predicatable view that he fancies his own flesh and blood to prevail.....it will be seriously interesting to see how Kovalev plays this one.

Does he try to bulldoze his way right over Cleverly, patiently stalk him and work for an opening to unload the power-shots or just box with Nathan?

My guess is that Kovalev will chance his arm and go for Cleverly early and then go into stalking mode if that does not deliver the result.

That could suit Nathan, who I still think is far nastier and more effective when someone comes at him and has the skill to counter-punch often, well and accurately and has the ability to get himself onto the front foot quickly so that defence is turned into attack.

Kovalev is going to have make the running in this one and he's going to find Cardiff a pretty full-on, partisan place.

I want to see Cleverly sit back, be patient and set some traps, not get all dumb and macho like he has in the past and progressively turn the screw on Kovalev. Let's see what happens!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
                Putting aside Vince Cleverly's oh-so predicatable view that he fancies his own flesh and blood to prevail.....it will be seriously interesting to see how Kovalev plays this one.

Does he try to bulldoze his way right over Cleverly, patiently stalk him and work for an opening to unload the power-shots or just box with Nathan?

My guess is that Kovalev will chance his arm and go for Cleverly early and then go into stalking mode if that does not deliver the result.

That could suit Nathan, who I still think is far nastier and more effective when someone comes at him and has the skill to counter-punch often, well and accurately and has the ability to get himself onto the front foot quickly so that defence is turned into attack.

Kovalev is going to have make the running in this one and he's going to find Cardiff a pretty full-on, partisan place.

I want to see Cleverly sit back, be patient and set some traps, not get all dumb and macho like he has in the past and progressively turn the screw on Kovalev. Let's see what happens!
                I would prefer to see Cleverly back him up. Obviously not go and exchange with him but use his reach advantage and his jab to push him back. This guy only fights going forward.

Comment

Cleverly was in sparring the Fury's, and apparently looked very sharp. The feeling coming out of their camp is that Cleverly is going to outbox this guy.

Comment

if cleverly has half the power that calzaghe had he ko's this guy in 1 round.

Comment

Sorry Dirk but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one....

......far prefer to see Nathan make Kovalev to have to chase the fight, burn lots of energy by having to work for openings and being forced to miss.

Meanwhile, Nathan patiently smacks home the scoring jabs from range and progressively begins to counter with more aggression as the fight wears on and Kovalev has to take more and more risks.

Put the pressue all on Kovalev and see whether he's good enough to really turn it into a war or has the patience to try and box a smart fight.

The good news for Clev is that even if it does turn into a war he's got the strength, guts and work-rate to pinch the decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X