Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abregu on His Future, Bradley, Maidana, Matthysse, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abregu on His Future, Bradley, Maidana, Matthysse, More

Boxing fans are becoming accustomed to big punchers from Argentina. Lucas Matthysse has quickly become a fan favorite and faces his biggest test in Danny García on September 14, while Marcos Maidana is in line to face Adrien Broner.

Meanwhile, Luis Carlos Abregú continues training for what appears to be an October return to the ring, possibly against Brad Solomon.

“I’m continuing to train and work as I always do for all of my fights,” he told BoxingScene.

“It looks like I’ll now fight in October or November, that’s something that my promoters have yet to confirm. You can’t stop training. You have to be ready for when they confirm the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hand injuries plague a lot of fighters. It sucks even more when you get paid to punch. He's a pretty good fighter and I wouldn't mind seeing a Bradley rematch.

Comment

i've been a fan of el potro since the dulorme fight, i hope he gets a chance to a title soon.

Comment

Sucks seeing a hard hitter having hand problems.

I remember I made a thread about an Abregu-Bradley rematch and a lot of people were against it. I'm sure a rematch WOULD NOT play out like the first fight.

I'm not sure how Maidana beat Lucas in the amateurs and would love to see those fights. But in the pros Matthysse looks like the much better fighter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

I remember I made a thread about an Abregu-Bradley rematch and a lot of people were against it. I'm sure a rematch WOULD NOT play out like the first fight.

I'm not sure how Maidana beat Lucas in the amateurs and would love to see those fights. But in the pros Matthysse looks like the much better fighter.

From what I've read Maidana was decent as an amateur, pretty good boxing skills but just prefers to brawl, he enjoys it,. Garcia is trying to get some Boxing into his game but i think we all know that Maidana will always be a brawler at heart.

Maidana vs Lucas would be an all out war until someone gets stopped, you would have to favor Lucas but as Lucas isn't a boxer mover who runs and holds you would have to give a Maidana a chance.

Comment

I'm still so pissed off at Pacquiao man. He had that fight in the fkin bag. It was obvious JMM was having problems with Pacquiao's speed after the first KD.

Comment

That hand injury looks like has had his career in limbo. I was hoping he was going to get into the mix some time ago

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

It just goes to show you can't put to much emphasis on some of those wins or losses in the amateurs. I think Berto beat Trout in the amateurs too, look at them now.

Comment

Maidana, knock out this fool next time you spar him, for tabbing Lucas over you. I bet you was taking it easy on the dude

Comment

Sorry about the above post... it was meant for a different thread. The app whacked out on me.

Comment

Working...
                    X