Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lucas Matthysse versus Vivian Harris fight is one of the most

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously money was riding on that stoppage. Pro boxing! Anything goes!

Comment

Wait a minute, i thought Lucas and team had every video of this fight removed from Youtube so the world would never see this

Comment

Some pretty interesting comments.

Comment

I use to think Vivian Harris would be star in the sport a damn shame

Comment

Frank, loud and clear! What are you willing to sacrifice in the name of Danny Garcias victory? Im willing to wage equal to whatever you are willing on Matthysse.

Comment

I think Matthysse was well on his way to getting a legit stoppage, but he hadn't done enough to justify it at the point the fight was stopped.

That ref shouldn't be reprimanded, though. No, he just flat out be stripped of his official's license. No reason to give him a chance to strike again.

Sometime's the corruption/******ity/incompetence in this sport drives me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by hitman smax View Post
                I think Matthysse was well on his way to getting a legit stoppage, but he hadn't done enough to justify it at the point the fight was stopped.

That ref shouldn't be reprimanded, though. No, he just flat out be stripped of his official's license. No reason to give him a chance to strike again.

Sometime's the corruption/******ity/incompetence in this sport drives me nuts.
                Like I said, I don't blame Matthysse, but the ref was told something by somebody. Harris would want to finish on his back if he were to lose which is how boxers feel knowing what they signed up for. You don't want to feel like you were cheated.

Comment

Matthysse looked like the same old Matthysse from then till now. That's not a bad thing. He's gotten stronger and in better condition with age. But Harris did some damage and showed enough of his game to fans that they we can judge Matthysse a bit.

He got hit, and the size difference was apparent against Harris. Garcia will look bigger than Matthysse come fight night. Matthysse will look solid all around. Danny is going to box and counter. That's it. That's dangerous for Matthysse. But Matthysse moves in and out pretty good throwing any punch to land preferably his left hook. His faster hands could decide the fight too. It's going to be a good fight.
                  Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 08-05-2013, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    Matthysse looked like the same old Matthysse from then till now. That's not a bad thing. He's gotten stronger and in better condition with age. But Harris did some damage and showed enough of his game to fans that they we can judge Matthysse a bit.

He got hit, and the size difference was apparent against Harris. Garcia will look bigger than Matthysse come fight night. Matthysse will look solid all around. Danny is going to box and counter. That's it. That's dangerous for Matthysse. But Matthysse moves in and out pretty good throwing any punch to land preferably his left hook. His faster hands could decide the fight too. It's going to be a good fight.
                    Couldn't disagree more with your assessment of Matthysse. For one thing, he's not the same fighter. Back then Matthysse was mostly just a stalker who would wear the other figher down, now he sets traps and looks for holes to exploit.

He's also physically bigger, regularly weighing over 160 fight night. He's a stronger fighter now.

Also, before he fought a few of the top ranked fighters, Matthysse was just a little awe struck by top level competition. Now he knows he belongs, and so he pushes harder to get the opposition out of there.

Zab Judah would never go the distance against the Matthysse that we have all witnessed the past several fights.

Danny Garcia will not see the final bell either.

Comment

That was a horrible stoppage. One of the worst I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X