No announcement yet.

Why is VADA not being used anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah this makes boxing look corrupt.
    There are articles that suggest that the fighters using usada are just for PR.
    From people very close to the boxing game .

Vada test for more and charges less people.
    As usada is looking like a joke .

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post

Don't even need hearsay to know they'll destroy tests. They did for Quillin-Wright.

Comment

All the major sports (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL & the Olmypics) use USADA so it's not completely terrible. VADA seems to be the better testing agency though but I am still researching both. The problem in boxing is that there is no urgency to fix the PED's problem in the sport. The onus falls on the sanctioning bodies and the commissions to enforce strict testing. Promoters will always be shady but the commission and sanctioning bodies are supposed to uphold the integrity of the sport. But they are just as money hungry as the promoters. As a result, I would assume the majority of boxers are on something. The commissions need some type of uniformity. They need a minimum standard that each state must abide by. This would keep states like Texas from falling behind in testing protocol. I know it's easier said than done but it is possible to fix.

An example for the sanctioning bodies:

If the WBC said if you want to compete for our belts you have to take part in random VADA testing. Or if you don't do it you will be stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Don't forget manny and rios are using usada buddy. And Marquez is scared to take the tests
          since when? thought it was vada

Comment

Floyd da best, the so-called number one man in boxing is against it. His fans are against it. Same clowns who are obssessed with PEDs topics are against it. Maliggnaggi requested VADA and he was threatened with fight cancelation by Haymon and Broner people. You gotta be a total idiot not to able to figure there's some hanky panky going on behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              Floyd da best, the so-called number one man in boxing is against it. His fans are against it. Same clowns who are obssessed with PEDs topics are against it. Maliggnaggi requested VADA and he was threatened with fight cancelation by Haymon and Broner people. You gotta be a total idiot not to able to figure there's some hanky panky going on behind the scenes.
              you know manny fans are a sad bunch when the criteria they base which PED testing agency is better or which one they'd use is "if floyd uses them". My guess is if you think not using VADA suggests "hanky panky" then you must think not using any testing is a clear sign of cheating. right?

Comment

It seems like its mostly tmt or haymon fighters , not all , but the majority.
                How you gonna pretend to wanna fix the issue of ped users (floyd jr)
                And your own stable is filthy dirty. Your advisor (haymon who never boxed ever) threatens to cancel fights over vada specifically,
                Thats red flags. I wonder if floyd took a vada test randomly if he comes out clean ????

Comment

USADA is useless. They throw away samples. Why in Neptune would you throw away evidence when you're in the business of proving people's guilt or innocence? It's crazy! These people are corrupt as hell.

Comment

It seems like its mostly tmt or haymon fighters , not all , but the majority.
                    How you gonna pretend to wanna fix the issue of ped users (floyd jr)
                    And your own stable is filthy dirty. Your advisor (haymon who never boxed ever) threatens to cancel fights over vada specifically,
                    Thats red flags. I wonder if floyd took a vada test randomly if he comes out clean ????
                    Honestly, it's not just Haymon/TMT fighters. I wouldn't even say they're the majority. It's the sport in general that needs to be cleaned up. The propaganda on this sight has caught you in it's whirlwind. From what I've read USADA tests for EPO and HGH and uses CIR testing just like VADA. TMT has said that their whole stable will do year round drug testing. We'll have to see if it ends up being true or not. I'm not saying Floyd's testing is perfect because it obviously isn't but the issue lies with the whole sport of boxing. Some boxers are taking steps in the right direction like Floyd and Bradley. Donaire is the fighter who has taken testing to the place it needs to go. But like I said in my previous post it's hard to trust any boxer right now.

Comment

From what I have read, mostly by Gabriel Montoya, VADA seems like the legit testers. However with them not notifying GBP first once lamont Peterson came up it became a messy situation between the two. I'm sure no promoter really wants fighters to be tested... It's a lot like the mid to late 90's MLB, fans keep coming to watch these body builders hit balls out of the city.

At the end of the day the only people it matters to is the fighters themselves. If they feel that other fighters are using PED's to get the upper hand on them or if they feel other fighters using can cause them major damage to them physically or mentally later down life, it's up to them to want to clean up the sport. It's their lives on the line.

Comment

Working...
                      X