Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you give Devon credit for Destroying Khan??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    LOL WTF ?!?!

Amir dominated Molina. 11-0 before he quit.

He struggled with Diaz who isn't a much lighter guy He has actually fought at welterweight and has respectable power.
    Read up Mr Excitable. I meant Diaz.

He isn't a big puncher. Khan shouldn't be getting tagged so often by someone of that level.

Put that win against his wins against Judah or Maidana, and you'd expected him to have done much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
      I meant Diaz not Molina, hence writing 7 losses at the time. My mistake.
      It seems people have a blind spot for the Molina fight regardless. Diaz is a former 2 time champion, a solid fighter. Past his prime but he arguably beat Shawn Porter in his fight previous to Khan. He came to win. Khan should have looked better though.

Still...Devon is nothing like Diaz. He isn't a pressure fighter. He'll try to box with Khan and he'll lose quite comfortably IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Again, I'm talking purely on how he's looked recently, on pure ability alone he's shown the same vulnerabilities and his punch resistance has gotten worse, not that he's ever been known to have any. So I strongly stand behind my statement.
        So did you think Maidana had looked good in his two previous performances to Alexander? Even fighting considerably worse opposition to Khan.

Even Urango came in with a couple of losses as well. You could argue Urango would be equal to what Khan is now, but even that would be a stretch. He was severely weight drained for the fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp;13610968[B
          ]Lol Maidana who Khan beat when he was in his prime?[/B] The same Maidana who came into the Alexander fight on the basis of a MD vs a 40 year old Morales? Impressive. Wait, is it also the same Maidana who's never been a world champion? I guess so.
          You're not seriously suggesting that Khan beat the prime out of Maidana are you? Wow. Alexander beat him without having to clinch for his life.

As for the italicized, you're downgrading BOTH Khan and Alexander's wins over Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            You're not seriously suggesting that Khan beat the prime out of Maidana are you? Wow. Alexander beat him without having to clinch for his life.

As for the italicized, you're downgrading BOTH Khan and Alexander's wins over Maidana.
            Did I just read that?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy-101 View Post
              If my memory serves me right didn't Khan beat Kotelnik far more "conclusively" then Devon did?
              I guess I missed that part where they're fighting at JWW? This fight is at WW, hence why I used a previous Alexander performance at the weight. I'm not saying he's that much better at 147, but we have no idea how Khan will look at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                That was actually Khan's greatest performance in my opinion, that next to his performance against Malignaggi. It's crazy how he showed so much respect for the light hitters, but then he has to get ******ed and mix it up with the punches.
                Judah was his best by a country mile IMO. The Kotelnik fight was boring, khan just outclassed him all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post

We saw a vintage Maidana lose to Khan and we saw a unmotivated, untrained slob lose to Alexander. I'm not saying Khan beat the prime out of him, but I said he beat him when he was in his prime. Which is true.

With regards to the Alexander thing and clinching. Face palm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Did I just read that?

I'm not denying he clinched A LOT and should have been DQ'd for it, but it's not because he's on Bambi legs, which is what "clinching FOR HIS LIFE" implied, what Khan had to do in his fight vs Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      So did you think Maidana had looked good in his two previous performances to Alexander? Even fighting considerably worse opposition to Khan.

Even Urango came in with a couple of losses as well. You could argue Urango would be equal to what Khan is now, but even that would be a stretch. He was severely weight drained for the fight as well.
                      It's taken physically strong fighters to beat Urango, ones that clinch excessively, Berto and Hatton to name a few. I doubt this Khan would have beaten Urango. Not a stretch at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X