Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Berto this era's Zab Judah?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cory Spinks would make Berto look stupid. Khan may be the only person Zab lost to that Berto has a chance of beating

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
      Cory Spinks would make Berto look stupid. Khan may be the only person Zab lost to that Berto has a chance of beating

It's a sad day in the world of boxing when guys start overhyping B- fighters like Cory Spinks and Zab Judah. I don't think Berto is a great fighter neither but come on are people seriously saying since Judah was knocked out more times by proven fighters then Berto he's better. Judah is a lineal champion only becuase he fought in maybe the worst welterweight era ever and even then it took him two times to do it. And beating guys like Corley isn't no better then beating a guy like Collazo.

The only thing that seperates the two is the amount of times they have been knocked out.Give it time Berto will eventually get there if he countiues to fight top ten welterweights. Both decent fighters with speed but just not that great fighter quality.

A perfect comparison if there ever was one.

Comment

Zab Judah's clear loss to Floyd is a better performance than Berto has.

In a few of the first four rounds, Judah managed to outdo Floyd in footwork.

Berto could never ever do that.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
          Is Berto this era's Judah. Berto has power, speed and quickness and I am sure many of thought he would be more successful then he has been. I can see losing a fight or two but to lose the last 3 of 4 fights and these are guys he should be beating.

Do you guys think this is a far comparison?
          Berto is and has always been a hype job. He shines with c level fighters. He's to easy to hit and has always had a suspect chin. He has a ton of heart, but thats it. I hold Zab higher than Berto. Zab has been in with better fighters. And, he has better wins on his resume.

Comment

Zab can beat Berto at this point.

Comment

losing to baldomir is still the most mind boggling thing. it basically ruined boxing for years by giving floyd the lineage and the fuel to duck the real contenders.

Comment

Judy has accomplished much more, has a few solid wins & has looked pretty good at times against better fighters he lost to.

Berto's best wins (Collazo & Zaveck) are tainted, for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
                  Is Berto this era's Judah. Berto has power, speed and quickness and I am sure many of thought he would be more successful then he has been. I can see losing a fight or two but to lose the last 3 of 4 fights and these are guys he should be beating.

Do you guys think this is a far comparison?
                  What?! Zab has held multiple belts. If Zab is a has-been then Berto is a never-was

Comment

No they seem like opposites to me Zab has a lot of skill but doesn't show to much heart when he's hurt except in the Danny fight and Berto what he lacks in defensive skill he makes up for in heart.

Comment

Berto is getting a bad rap. Worse one than he deserves.

Yea, he probably should be fighting in the 140 pound category, but all his loses have been close ones. We expected him to beat Sotto, but it was deadeven until the final round, it's not like he embarrassed himself.

All these loses have been great fights and thrillers. There are a ton of Berto matchups I'd still love to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X