No announcement yet.

Shots Fired: Thurman "Maidana is Ducking Me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    It's a possibility. I just don't think Haymon will match Thurman and Broner this early in their careers.
    True indeed. If I was Al I know I wouldn't want to quite yet. I think Keith's immediate title future at WW will hinge on Devon/Amir. And that too will be a good match IMO.

Comment

Maidana already ducked him once cause he was unknown. Lets see what excuse he has next.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Why is everybody talkin like its a foregone conclusion that Broner is giving up the strap without a defense? Did I miss something here?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          True indeed. If I was Al I know I wouldn't want to quite yet. I think Keith's immediate title future at WW will hinge on Devon/Amir. And that too will be a good match IMO.
          Oh man. I would pay front row to see Thurman chase Khan around the ring all night. LOL

Comment

Off topic, but does BamBam become a player at 147 win, lose, or draw vs. Manny?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              LMAO. Devon Alexander fought Lucas ****ing Matthysse coming off of a loss.
              Maidana had a name ******.

Try to read and understand my post again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
                he came from a loss and was for a couple of months with his new trainer, what you expect? Probably the journeyman on your sig is asking for a tune up now, who knows?
                A tune up to fight a prospect in Thurman? Thats makes no sense at all. Thurman was the tune up

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Maidana already ducked him once cause he was unknown. Lets see what excuse he has next.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  Name another top 147 lb'er with a name that would have fought Thurman at that time?

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                    Maidana had a name ******.

Try to read and understand my post again.
                    Devon had a bigger name than Maidana. He was headlining fights on HBO and was supposed to be the next big superstar in the sport. He was attracting 8,000-10,000 fans to his fights. And only hardcore fans knew who Matthysse was when Devon fought him.

Maidana ducked Thurman. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                      No one in Maidanas situation would have fought Thurman. Coming off a loss, or being at the top of the division. Thurman was barely contender status and completely unknown.
                      What situation is that? He already agreed to fight him then pulled out like 3 weeks before hand. Thurman was a prospect, and Madiana and his team gave the worst ducking excuse ever, that they needed a tune up first. A tune up to fight a prospect, i 've heard it all

Comment

Working...
                      X