Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't blame Berto, blame the media. He's always been a class act

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet he still got hate... Despite an exciting style, "die in the ring" level heart, and a humble personality, he still got hate

Can people just be honest why?

Comment

huge nuts on berto.

huge.

his fights with collazo, ortiz, guerrero, and soto karass were bonafide wars.

Comment

he's a border line b level fighter. The thing I never liked about Berto is that he fight like a sprinter. Just comes out in bursts but it affects his stamina.

Comment

hes a great athlete n warrior

class act not really

”R.I.P to Edwin Valero after killing his wife yesturday he just killed himself in jail today. WOW women are a Motherf***er boy RIP E.V.”

Comment

Berto has a ton of heart,,,,,

But he is done now...

I was saying this for months after hearing him talk on a showtime card a few months ago....
            Berto, dawson, taylor and lacy are all in the damaged goods club..... None should fight again...

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
              hes a great athlete n warrior

class act not really

”R.I.P to Edwin Valero after killing his wife yesturday he just killed himself in jail today. WOW women are a Motherf***er boy RIP E.V.”
              I remember that but forgot it was him who said it. Seriously fu3k Berto i love watching him get his head smashed in and always will. Embodiment of a hypejob neverwas scumbag.
              Last edited by Mikhnienko; 07-28-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Castro Jr View Post
                Class acts don't try to use PEDs
                bingooooooooooooooooooo... people seem to forget about this shi*

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret IV View Post
                  bingooooooooooooooooooo... people seem to forget about this shi*
                  Then you should find another sport to follow, not many class acts in boxing. I mean, start with your avatar for example.

What was bad and funny about Berto is that he accused Ortiz and insisted on testing while he was doing it

Comment

I don't hate Berto (same way I don't hate any other over-hyped fighter), and he should definitely be commended for his heart, but it still doesn't make him a good fighter. Berto gets complimented for things that I feel he simply doesn't have (i.e. good stamina, good boxing ability), and now recently it's become crystal clear that he's just a product of the hype machine. It's hilarious how he's been used as a launching pad in the Mayweather sweepstakes. Unfortunately for Soto-Karass, he didn't fight Berto sooner when the hype machine was still behind him cuz he probably would've gotten a Mayweather shot.

Comment

berto has a ton of heart and grit. he was fighting half the fight with one arm, but soto karass' style is terrible for him and his punch resistance is fading with every war. I've never seen a guy get hurt in the 1st rd. as much as berto does... he gets his bell rung in the first rd. of every fight. He has a chin like cotto's @140, every clean punch hurts him bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X