Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

See what happens when a protected fighter steps up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has to be second tier fighters so whats all the bashing for? Berto in with Robert and Soto are guys on his level! They happen to be more agressive and with stood his barrage!!!
    Whats the big deal??? It was a good fight and both men tried hard why does one have to belittled? Some of you people think its so ****ing easy to get in the ring and fight and if a fighters looses he is exposed! Crock of ****!

It was a good fight with a dramatic ending why not enjoy it instead of berate it! Great job by both men! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      berto has beaten better fighters than soto-karass. hes obviously shot.
      Like who?

No he's just ****.

Comment

Been saying it for years. Berto is just another figment of Al Haymon's imagination.
        He was fighting slow footed guys that couldn't get to him for years. He looked great dancing circles around these bums without having to worry about them hitting back. Once he stepped in with a motivated Ortiz it was game over. He's done.
        Danny Garcia may be next in September (we'll see I actually see it as a close fight)
        and Broner's time will come eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          berto has beaten better fighters than soto-karass. hes obviously shot.
          Who has berto beat that is is better than soto karass. He had a gift decision against collazo and lost to both Ortiz and Guerrero . Berto was beating bums moving up in weight from 140 and looked bad doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
            I don't think Berto is shot. His problem is that he fights dumb and makes fights harder than they have to be. It just so happens he is facing guys that will, and have made him pay for it.

I think is capable of beating all those guys he lost to if he wouldn't fight as dumb as he does.
            Agree with the first bit. Seems like Berto needs to find his own style. To be honest, at times yesterday he did pull of the shoulderroll ok. But then for some reason (Hunters advice) he gets way to close and makes it a Rios-Alvarado type fight. His left uppercut was working all night, but he abandoned it for some stupid reason.

Also, Virgil usually gives great advice between rounds but yesterday t seemed like was only "you almost have him. Don't quit on me" type stuff. Terrible corner work.

He's also way to built for a WW, his stamina sucks towards later rounds and his technique is sometimes awful as seen when he threw than left hook in the 4th, missed and then landed on his stomach. Needs to work on footwork.

Originally posted by NormC View Post
            I like Berto but unfortunately he reminds me of Jeff Lacys career..
            True. A Sam Peter also springs to mind.

Comment

Rewatched. Still crap.

Comment

Berto is shot,,,

he wasnt top level good to begin with, and as opponent got better, his weakness was exposed..
                his weakness is no defense,,, he acts like he has it but everybody landed on him...
                Berto got by because he was more athletic and powerful... but once good fighters like ortiz and guerrero were blasted on him,,, he got brutalized,,,
                Too many tough fights,,, reminds me of jermain taylor after hopkins and winky exposed his lack of defense
                Berto has just taken too many shots... he is done for ... has been done since that brutal ortiz fight, and ghost was just icing on the cake,,,,

He is shot, just like meldrick, riddick, taylor, lacy, peter, etc....

I told everyone dawson was shot before the stevenson fight and nobody believed me, and i have been telling everybody that Berto was done since i heard him interviewed and his speech was horrible...

Comment

who did he beat that was better? And Collazo should have won so im not counting him in my question. Berto only beats C fighters

Comment

Working...
                  X