Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

See what happens when a protected fighter steps up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is definitely a protected fighter, but dude just put up a great performance on one arm. I do believe though that judges were ready to rob SotoKaras, those scores were alittle too close.

Comment

People were saying I was idiot for picking Soto over Berto. Berto is garbage and Karass is a better ww than Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        So this was Berto's "step up" fight?

Comment

Berto is becoming a bit of a walking punchline.

Pictures of him being in "beast mode" are plastered all over BOxingscene's front page, with abs like never seen before. He walks into the ring all full of ****y facial expressions, like he is getting ready to pull of a Mayweather type of dominant performance. Goes into the first round all pretty, with the shoulder roll. And then reality sets in and he gets pummeled all over again with his face busted and swollen like it was against Guerrero.

It's like he can't escape the beatdown anymore and it's not gonna get any easier. Al Haymon and the networks will so no value in pitting him against cherry picked opponents; that ship has sailed. When you're undefeated and intriguing, you can do this. Now it's nothing but crossroad fights for him. Then on to gatekeeper fights.

I wouldn't mind Khan Vs Berto. Both vulnerable and athletic with ripping punches.

Comment

It's easy to say that now because Berto never lived up to the hype but that's not always the case. There are many examples of fighters that you can say were protected but managed to look good and win once they step up in class.

Regarding Berto I think he's overall the better boxer but he's pretty much done. A couple of years ago he would've beaten Soto. Soto is a tough dude but I don't see him being able to beat any of the top guys at 147. Berto should retire...

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
              People were saying I was idiot for picking Soto over Berto. Berto is garbage and Karass is a better ww than Guerrero.
              Berto is not garbage. He's a good fighter just not as good as he's been hyped up to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                I wouldn't say Krass is stepping up its a step down actually
                Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                So this was Berto's "step up" fight?
                I meant to reference his three losses to when he was the WBC Champ and HBO's egg

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                  Chaves stepped up and got KTFO.

Next up, Matthysse.
                  Hahahaha!!! Damn when your not slobbin' on Garcia nob you post some funny garbage....

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    berto has beaten better fighters than soto-karass. hes obviously shot.
                    I don't think Berto is shot. His problem is that he fights dumb and makes fights harder than they have to be. It just so happens he is facing guys that will, and have made him pay for it.

I think is capable of beating all those guys he lost to if he wouldn't fight as dumb as he does.

Comment

I like Berto but unfortunately he reminds me of Jeff Lacys career..

Comment

Working...
                      X