No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto-Rodriguez To Be Officially Announced in Orlando

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto-Rodriguez To Be Officially Announced in Orlando

ORLANDO, FLA. -- Three-division and four-time world champion and the Pride of Puerto Rico MIGUEL COTTO and two-time world title challenger and current Top-Five contender DELVIN RODRIGUEZ will host a news conference, open to the public, announcing their upcoming 12-round super welterweight battle, Tomorrow! Tuesday, July 23 in the Disney Atrium at the Amway Center (400 West Church St., Orlando, Fla. 32801). The news conference will begin at 2:00 p.m. ET.

Joining Cotto and Rodriguez will be The Honorable Buddy Dyer, Mayor of Orlando, Allen Johnson, Executive Director of Amway Center, Héctor Soto, Vice President of Miguel Cotto Promotions, and Todd duBoef, President of Top Rank.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cotto name got a few miles left on it so why not

Comment

Super welterweight again, he really needs to get his ass down to 147.

Comment

its funny people keep insisting he move down,why? he knows his body better than anyone else,maybe he just can't make 147 anymore,7 pounds is a lot to come down to,it's not like 118-122,this is 7 pounds,he's short but stocky

Comment

After losing to Pacquiao, then saying "the weight" was why I lost.. I can win at 154... then he loses to Mayweather at "154" ... there's nowhere to go but down.

Comment

Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
            After losing to Pacquiao, then saying "the weight" was why I lost.. I can win at 154... then he loses to Mayweather at "154" ... there's nowhere to go but down.
            those losses had nothing to do with the weight,he just lost to better fighters,although I didn't like that catchweight with pac,but either way,he seems to lose when he steps up in competition,not because he's fighting at 147 or 154,if you look at his fights,he's never had a "big" win,a career defining victory

Comment

Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
              He lost to Pacquiao because of PEDs not the weight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                those losses had nothing to do with the weight,he just lost to better fighters,although I didn't like that catchweight with pac,but either way,he seems to lose when he steps up in competition,not because he's fighting at 147 or 154,if you look at his fights,he's never had a "big" win,a career defining victory
                Plenty of good wins. This argument to me sounds silly. I don't subscribe to the belief that an entire career can be summed up by one fight. I think JMM was great, whether he landed that "career" defining punch or not. I mean, does Mayweather have a career defining fight? Probably not. But he's still great. His Canelo fight is probably the biggest fight of his career.

I fully expect Cotto to fight either JMM or Martinez afterwards. Hopefully that satisfies the "career" defining win

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
                  He lost to Pacquiao because of PEDs not the weight!!!
                  If you shout it loud enough, it might actually become true.

Comment

How much do tix go for? Will be my first time attending a fight..

Comment

Working...
                    X