No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse, can he become an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    I don't have a crystal ball and nor do you but he doesn't even need to fight 5 times, 3-4 is enough. The real key for improving his resume is to secure the right opponents, that will become much easier if he becomes the HBO cash cow.
    U don't need a crystal ball to tell u the obvious. Its kinda not that difficult. Anyways I'm wasting time with this. Chances of either guy becoming atgs is slim based on their weak resumes and the fact they are 30+ year old fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      U don't need a crystal ball to tell u the obvious.
      Like I said, the fighters he needs to beat are in and around his weight class. Sergio is still on top at 38 so there's plenty of time (7 years+, 3 fights a year). It only takes longer for other fighters because they duck and take soft fights. Golovkin will do this ish back to back with HBO support. If you should want to believe otherwise that's on you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Like I said, the fighters he needs to beat are in and around his weight class. Sergio is still on top at 38 so there's plenty of time (7 years+, 3 fights a year). It only takes longer for other fighters because they duck and take soft fights. Golovkin will do this ish back to back with HBO support. If you should want to believe otherwise that's on you.
        Do u understand what it means to be an atg? I'm not even talking hofer I'm talking atg? I'm sorry but the chances of a guy 31 years of age who's beatrsaume win is a euro level fighter achieving it just isn't likely. Says nothing of his skills or capability per se. 31 is your absolute peak. By 33 or 34 its all downhill. Talking about having 7 years is nice but very unrealistic.

Comment

lol.. wtf.. no

Comment

Are Machines allowed to be inducted into the HOF?

I think if he can beat most of the following fighters, then he has a shot at the HOF:

GB Fighters:
            -Garcia
            -Guerrero
            -Khan
            -Ortiz
            -Berto
            -Brook
            -Broner
            -Brook
            -Alexnader
            -Maidana

I think he can beat all of the above fighters.

TR (unlikely to actually fight):
            -Bradley
            -JMM
            -Pacquiao
            -Rios
            -Alvarado

I think if he had a signature win over JMM/Pacquaio, that would go a long way. I would give him a shot at beating bradley/rios/alvarado, but a small shot at beating the legends.

Comment

maybe HOF. there's just not a lot of time for all-time great status and i think 147 is probably his limit. when he beats garcia, if he moves up to 147 and cleans that division out and dominates for a few years...sure he could be a HOF'er.

for me personally, there's only a few all-time greats that are currently active. mayweather, pacquiao, marquez, hopkins, jones jr, and w. klitschko. matthysse just isn't on the level of those guys in terms of skill or resume. he has some serious work to do for me to be able to consider him ATG. he would need to clean out 147 and 154, but i think he's too small for 54.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                I don't think Martinez is a ATG, but he very well might be considered to be one by some. Is he a HOF maybe...legend?? maybe.

Now how about Hatton?
                No one thinks martinez is an atg lol he's not even a hall of famer

Comment

BRAWLERS, almost always get exposed by BOXERS. And if he wins against Garcia (which i doubt) He's gonna have to face the best BOXER on the planet, who will be bigger, faster, stronger, and have more skill. He wont get away with those wide hooks he throws. Its hard enough for boxers to hit floyd with straight shots let alone his wide punches. A good boxer will beat a good brawler.
                  His only hope to win a fight is to get lucky with a big punch. when he cant land a good punch what does he have to rely on? So he CAN be an atg but its highly unlikely because brawlers fade with age. Plus we dont know if he can even take a punch. Let him and keith thurman fight so he can test the ww waters, then we will see what he's about.

Comment

Ofcourse not.

Comment

Absolutely, people are still mad about his sodomization of Dallas Jr and PEDerson

They literally both got sent to Lucifer.

Comment

Working...
                      X