No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse, can he become an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarPower View Post
    Matthysse is a bit undersized at 147. And he is not impossible to hit. I think he will be beaten up pretty badly by bigger and stronger fighters.
    This is a suspicion I have. Garcia happens to be bigger & stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      U honestly think hr can fight 5 times a year?
      Well he intends to fight 5 times this year. It all depends on how much punishment he takes. Fights like Macklin can't be taking too much out of him.

Originally posted by StarPower View Post
      Matthysse is a bit undersized at 147. And he is not impossible to hit. I think he will be beaten up pretty badly by bigger and stronger fighters.
      Possibly, which is why I'd like to see him test the waters at WW before taking on the best fighters at 147 (if he does move up).

Comment

Ask again after September 14th. Its still too early to tell. Currently he only has one legacy win over peterson.

Comment

the potential is there...he just needs the wins..

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Well he intends to fight 5 times this year. It all depends on how much punishment he takes. Fights like Macklin can't be taking too much out of him.

Possibly, which is why I'd like to see him test the waters at WW before taking on the best fighters at 147 (if he does move up).
            he will not continue to fight 5 times a year. not at 31. its not even the fights alone. its the training, its the sparring etc. the wear and tear that puts on a body is ridiculous. its entirely unsustainable. thats why boxers at the world lvel dont do it. its not a conicidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Depends on whos asking for a fight. Mayweather or Broner come knocking you have to take those fights. Or going to England to face Khan. If I were Lucas I would take any of those big paydays.

Comment

Of course he could. If he could beat Mayweather, Garcia, Broner, Alexander, Guerrero, Maidana....thats a great great resume

Comment

What's boxing comes to? It's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    he will not continue to fight 5 times a year. not at 31. its not even the fights alone. its the training, its the sparring etc. the wear and tear that puts on a body is ridiculous. its entirely unsustainable. thats why boxers at the world lvel dont do it. its not a conicidence.
                    I don't have a crystal ball and nor do you but he doesn't even need to fight 5 times, 3-4 is enough. The real key for improving his resume is to secure the right opponents, that will become much easier if he becomes the HBO cash cow.

Comment

It's WAY too early to tell - I think he has a chance to be a great fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X