No announcement yet.

Canelo is tremendous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
    Guerrero is a much more proven fighter than Canelo, Guerrero may be better than Canelo actually.
    lmfao this is the funniest **** I've heard in a while, he was good at those lower weights and had an impressive win against Berto, but nothing stands out about that guy. You can just watch a fight and know he stood no chance whatsoever. One of the most sloppy average fighters I've ever seen, average power, slow as an 80 year old but a great chin and heart.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
      I think to say Floyd has no power is a lazy analyzation. Floyd rarely presses the action, but you can clearly see the kid has something behind those punches. He had Guerrero on the way out in the 8th round, took his foot off the gas. He had Cotto on the way out in the 12th round, he took his foot off the gas, as well as Cotto holding on too em. He had Mosley ready to go in round 9, he just seems to be uninterested in going that extra mile and stopping a guy. But the kid can punch, I've seen better punchers, but that doesn't take away from what Floyd clearly displays.
      He has moderate power, not feather fisted but no hammer fisted either. Somewhere in between.

Comment

Mayweather needs to be chased during the fight. If Canelo becomes the chased one, I think Floyd will have some big troubles.

Comment

I thought people would stop judging boxers by their past opposition once they Rigondeaux woop donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Depends on what elite means to you and to me , its like being over rated , its only an opinion , there is no official rating just official opinions .

To me elite is a dominate champion , a champion that fights his whole career within top class can win multible titles and defend them .

In boxing you have prelim class , championship class , elite class , and then you have great fighters , they all pass through the system some really fast some never get passed first base .

Based on my grading system Canelo is an elite class fighter .
            I had been reading this thread and I didn't want to post or reply to anyone, but common, there's rating in almost everything you do in life, boxing is rated and Canelo is not an elite fighter, he could had being an elite fighter if he were to fight and beat boxers like Lara, vanes, Molina, Angulo and maybe go up to 160 and beat the Kid, GGG and Martinez if he could do that we can cal him an ELITE knocking on the door to greatness, but beating a 100 years old an fat Baldomir, JWW's Gomez, Lopez, Hatton, barely and with some help sliding pass Trout doesn't make an elite, your grading system is biased and of course like any other biased opinion sucks...

Comment

people in this thread claiming floyd has power....lol! it just never stops the overrating. making excuses about how he "could" have stopped so and so if he wanted. he never had power even at 130 where almost all his stoppages were corner stoppages. but he will stop canelo because canelo will be drained and dead by the third round.

Comment

The only way Canelo would be drained by the 3rd round is if he is really a middleweight.

Comment

True but is he tremendous at a weight class that doesn't exist is the question at hand. How will he fair being drained at 152 pounds?

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                    I had been reading this thread and I didn't want to post or reply to anyone, but common, there's rating in almost everything you do in life, boxing is rated and Canelo is not an elite fighter, he could had being an elite fighter if he were to fight and beat boxers like Lara, vanes, Molina, Angulo and maybe go up to 160 and beat the Kid, GGG and Martinez if he could do that we can cal him an ELITE knocking on the door to greatness, but beating a 100 years old an fat Baldomir, JWW's Gomez, Lopez, Hatton, barely and with some help sliding pass Trout doesn't make an elite, your grading system is biased and of course like any other biased opinion sucks...
                    I explained clearly what I was saying and how I break it down to classes , boxing is classes , I think an undefeated 2 time world champion is elite class , that's why he is fighting the premiere fighters in the world , elite is an ability , a level you compete in , its not a title you win its the fast track you compete in .

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      The only way Canelo would be drained by the 3rd round is if he is really a middleweight.
                      he is really a middleweight. why do you think his stamina is so terrible and he takes huge breaks between throwing punches? hes already draining himself badly to make 154. floyd knows this and those extra 2 pounds will really destroy him chad dawson style.

Comment

Working...
                      X