Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo is tremendous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is going to pull off the upset and that's that.

The Trout fight was his sleeper bout, to lure everyone into a false sense of confidence. I.E. the same Hopkins didn't look so great right before he fought Trinidad, ending up a huge underdog and then delivered his best performance, showing off his Box and move style.

Floyd has been winning for so long that people have given up on the day he losses; like it takes a heavyweight to ever beat him. They're wrong. All it takes is a gingerheaded Mexican who is a bit heavier, a bit taller and is a decade younger; and has the mental confidence of a undefeated fighter to boost (How many unbeaten fighters has Floyd fought during his championship years? Corrales and then Hatton? Pathetic).
    Last edited by cupocity303; 07-21-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Canelo is very overrated

Only reason this is a "super fight" is because he very popular. He isn't much better then Guerrero
      What is that rating your on about ? I don't see anybody say he is an ATG , all I hear is that he is a elite class unbeaten fighter that at 22 holds two titles , you saying being over rated really just means you don't like him isn't that right .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        What is that rating your on about ? I don't see anybody say he is an ATG , all I hear is that he is a elite class unbeaten fighter that at 22 holds two titles , you saying being over rated really just means you don't like him isn't that right .
        Ring Magazine has Canelo in its top ten p4p. That's overrating him, he's top 20 p4p but hasn't done enough to be considered a top ten fighter. He is being overrated by a lot of casual fans and people in the mainstream press, I think. While he is very very good, he has a very low workrate and this is going to hurt him against a fighter who he won't have many opportunities to hit like Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Show me any 154 landing textbook combos on Trout , and then look at a young Canelo dominate him , Trout is no ATG but his style is not easy to catch up with for anyone and Canelo intimidated him and is a class fighter , that's the trouble with many fans they cant make adjustments for the opponent and cannot read form , its all face value rockem sockem or it don't compute , the finer points of boxing just don't register , they to busy looking for hate material missing whats going on in the fight .
          Exactly that's why we have so many Matthysse worshippers here who have a simple minded understanding of boxing.

Comment

Canelo didn't dominate Trout. He edged Trout. Even Canelo fans, should know that.

It was clear however, that Canelo was not losing a decision to Trout. Way, way, too much money on that kid + would've spoiled the Mayweather "super-fight"

Canelo has a punchers chance against mayweather, nothing more. I really wish it didn't have to be this way. His lack of stamina will play key. Guerrero is a better pure boxer than Canelo. I would like to see a legit fighter with power and stamina fight Canelo. Someone that can stand up to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded
              Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Crushin

Canelo is very overrated

Only reason this is a "super fight" is because he very popular. He isn't much better then Guerrero

Canelo elite? Lmao! That's the the overrating is talking about.

Elite...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                Canelo is going to pull off the upset and that's that.

The Trout fight was his sleeper bout, to lure everyone into a false sense of confidence. I.E. the same Hopkins didn't look so great right before he fought Trinidad, ending up a huge underdog and then delivered his best performance, showing off his Box and move style.

Floyd has been winning for so long that people have given up on the day he losses, like it takes a heavyweight to ever beat him. They're wrong, all it takes is a gingerheaded Mexican who is a bit heavier, a bit taller and is a decade younger, the mental confidence of a undefeated fighter to boost (How many unbeaten fighters has Floyd fought during his championship years? Corrales and then Hatton? Pathetic.
                I agree with you, I think Canelo could have gone harder on Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  Canelo didn't dominate Trout. He edged Trout. Even Canelo fans, should know that.

It was clear however, that Canelo was not losing a decision to Trout. Way, way, too much money on that kid + would've spoiled the Mayweather "super-fight"

Canelo has a punchers chance against mayweather, nothing more. I really wish it didn't have to be this way. His lack of stamina will play key. Guerrero is a better pure boxer than Canelo. I would like to see a legit fighter with power and stamina fight Canelo. Someone that can stand up to him.
                  Guerrero is a C+ fighter at most. How the hell can you say something so ****ing dumb, Canelo has the second best hit to not getting hit ratio in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post

Stopped reading right there. When did Guerrero ever move his head and slip punches like Canelo did against Trout. Get the F outta here with that nonsense.

And the reason Canelo didn't lose to Trout is because Trout didn't land ****. The entire fight basically comprised of Canelo slipping and dodging punches like he was Pernel Whitaker's born out of wedlock son, when Sweat Pea knocked up a white Mexican woman during his vacation stay in Cancun.

Comment

Originally posted by chessmatch View Post
                      Guerrero is a C+ fighter at most. How the hell can you say something so ****ing dumb, Canelo has the second best hit to not getting hit ratio in the sport.

Guerrero is 3 time world champion. He is very underrated in my opinion. Mayweather just made him look like a "C+ fighter". Canelo has fought one good opponent in Trout. I'm giving him credit for that, he showed better boxing skills but his lack of stamina also showed. He is no perfect fighter. I think we both know that Mayweather will whoop him, and I'm not even a mayweather fan.

How do you think Canelo will beat him? Canelo is great, a future star (if not one already) and he will continue to improve. He will not beat Floyd, however.

Comment

Working...
                      X