Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of your unpopular boxing opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nobody ducked Marquez, JMM/Nacho priced themselves out of fights with stars who were indeed willing to fight him

despite having shamelessly ducked him at the time by trashing his WBC title belt, 92 Bowe woulda beaten 92 Lewis

Holmes and Spinks were both past it but not shot in 88, so Tyson does deserve some props for knocking them out

Winky Wright won the 12th rd vs Taylor and deserved a win, not a draw

Bradley's sum is greater than his parts, he's a good fighter but in terms of skills he is not a good boxer

Wlad Klitschko is an ATG

Sergio Martinez is overrated as hell

Comment

• The inherent structure of boxing renders its biggest problems completely unfixable in the absence of strong government intervention. Any individual sanctioning body, network, promoter, or commission trying to make the sport better will simply be undercut by a competitor who'll undermine those efforts for their own gain.

Comment

• Pacquiao has been juicing since the De La Hoya fight at the very latest. Anyone who has no problem with a former flyweight knocking out career top-10 welterweights is being deliberately blind.

I'm genuinely surprised every time a boxer tests negative for PEDs.

Tyson made his name beating up bums and faded champions, and got found out every time he faced decent opposition.

Boxing is an entertainment business first and foremost, and Klitschko/Ward/Rigo/whoever have no basis for complaint when they don't get the recognition they (or their supporters) feel they deserve.

Comment

• Amir Khan can beat Lucas Matthysse, which really shouldn't be unpopular tbh, but oh well.

Comment

• That the sport of boxing (best fights been made) should come before the money and fighters taking safe fights.

I got red Ked for making a thread on this.

nsb seems to have a lot of promoters and soccer mums posting on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by dvav View Post
              Pacquiao has been juicing since the De La Hoya fight at the very latest. Anyone who has no problem with a former flyweight knocking out career top-10 welterweights is being deliberately blind.

I'm genuinely surprised every time a boxer tests negative for PEDs.

Tyson made his name beating up bums and faded champions, and got found out every time he faced decent opposition.

Boxing is an entertainment business first and foremost, and Klitschko/Ward/Rigo/whoever have no basis for complaint when they don't get the recognition they (or their supporters) feel they deserve.
              what about floyd? He started at 106.

Comment

• Originally posted by Opinionated View Post
                what about floyd? He started at 106.
                He was also 16 at the time. Unless I'm mistaken, he fought most of his early pro career at 130, and he's never really been known for his brutal beatings or knockouts at welterweight.

But no, I wouldn't be too shocked if it turned out he was taking PEDs. As I say, I'd be more surprised to find out that any top fighter isn't juicing than when I read about them getting caught. It's a business, and the top executives need their star attractions in the ring and bringing in money, dirty or not. It's in everybody's interest if we all turn a blind eye.

I should point out that I'm fairly neutral in the whole Floyd/Pac war (I would like to see them fight though.) It's a business at the end of the day.

Comment

• I would be amazed if most top fighters haven't used banned drugs at some point. The benefits are significant, the rewards are obvious, the chances of getting caught are almost zero.

Comment

• i agree with the whole drugs thing, in fact when a boxer test positive i dont hold them against them, because i know everyone is using something.
                    the only thing they did wrong was getting caught

Comment

• Edwin Valero was a great citizen, father, husband, and a hero to all humanity.

Comment

Working...
                      X