Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else thinks Lucas is a different fighter after Zab and Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else thinks Lucas is a different fighter after Zab and Alexander?

Am I the only one...

I say this because they always defend Garcia on how he did against Zab as opposed to how Lucas did with Zab....

And Lucas was a whole different animal he was way more calm, know he looks for the KO cuz of both fights. Even he has said that those fights have made him a better fighter...

Saying this I do not believe Garcia is an easy fight, the kid knows how to fight has smarts in there, punch and that it factor....

Great fight cant wait!
    Yei
    80.49%
    Nay
    19.51%

Originally posted by THE_FORKLIFT View Post
    Am I the only one...

I say this because they always defend Garcia on how he did against Zab as opposed to how Lucas did with Zab....

And Lucas was a whole different animal he was way more calm, know he looks for the KO cuz of both fights. Even he has said that those fights have made him a better fighter...

Saying this I do not believe Garcia is an easy fight, the kid knows how to fight has smarts in there, punch and that it factor....

Great fight cant wait!

Comment

Discussed many times, Lucas was calm against Judah because it was his first 12 rounder of his career, he didn't want to gas out...wanted to come strong at the end of the fight, which he did.

Obviously after those dodgy decisions...he changed his mentality & isn't letting these fights going the distance & if it does...he seems to throw & land enough in rounds not to get robbed, as well as improving his skills over all since those fights.

Comment

I would say he starts off quicker more than anything. His defence isn't great and footwork is still kinda sloppy.

I think he should take Garcia out but Danny throws punches coming from different angles, and is also quick on the release. He could get rocked as well.

Comment

Matthysse is the same fighter that he always is and always will be. There are good, crude fighters out there.

Comment

He has been improving with every fight. Looked like a monster against Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by BornToLive View Post
              Discussed many times, Lucas was calm against Judah because it was his first 12 rounder of his career, he didn't want to gas out...wanted to come strong at the end of the fight, which he did.

Obviously after those dodgy decisions...he changed his mentality & isn't letting these fights going the distance & if it does...he seems to throw & land enough in rounds not to get robbed, as well as improving his skills over all since those fights.
              exactly this. He tries do knock his opponents out en DosRounds!

Comment

He's improved I can't lie if he destroys Danny I will jump on the bandwagon

Comment

Even if he wasn't, Garcia doesn't fight anything like those two. It wouldn't matter.

To answer the question, clearly. In both of those fights he made the mistake of starting slow with the intent of closing strong, which he did. Unfortunately, the body shots he focused on landing early went ignored by the judges both times. He goes for the kill right away now.

Not to mention those were his first two fights at that level. Any fighter benefits and learns from such experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BornToLive View Post

Pretty much this.
                    While I think its unfair that he lost, even after boxing and dropping both guys, with the Alexander fight being the most shamful of the two, I'm glad for them as is Matthysse according to his own words becasue he now goes for the kill rather than going for the win like the more spoonfed fighters are allowed to.
                    I think that in the Peterson fight we saw the more mature version of Matthysse, taking most of round 1 to find the distaance and find the rythm, but quickly going to work.
                    If you look at the Peterson fight you see that already close to the end of round 1 he lands two big punches that make the crowd go "hoo" and Perterson takes a step back clearly feeling the power.He already started to hurt Lamond in those final seconds of round 1. But its not just power, Matthysse also has great skills and ring IQ.

Comment

Working...
                    X