Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bey vs. Molina Early ShoBox Results From Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That last round reminded me, in a lesser extent, of Corrales Castillo.

What heart by Molina. I really thought he looked in trouble early in the 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
      As soon as I saw Bey drop his hands and begin to showboat I knew that the end could be near lol dude is no where near fast enough to let his guard down by showboating. He should have just finished the fight like a pro Floyd snr didn't do him any good either by telling him he could go get him out of there, he should of instructed Bey to box and take minimal risks that last round and he would have won easy, Bey has never had a great chin..
      Well at first he said "I don't want you to do anything reckless" but then at the end he said "You could probably get him up out of here". So basically his instructions were confusing, a good technical trainer but an awful corner man.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson Muntz View Post
        He didn't know what happened after the fight so I doubt it.
        Well when he was first clipped he was alert enough to hold so......Just the drawbacks of having only 18 fights, no experience. Like I said though Sr. didn't do him any good telling him he might be able to KO Molina when the job was done..

Comment

Mayweathers stable of fighters is not impressive at all. The only guy on there that has some hope is Gavril. The rest are average.

Comment

mayweather fighters need to stop making vids with elie sechback and start working on their fundamentals.

Or he needs to round up better talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Well at first he said "I don't want you to do anything reckless" but then at the end he said "You could probably get him up out of here". So basically his instructions were confusing, a good technical trainer but an awful corner man.
              Yea Snr showed poor judgement, but Molina did look like he was ready to go, It's just that I have watched Bey fight quite a few times now and I noticed a while ago that he didn't have the best chin(he was knocked down a couple fights ago). Snr should know his fighter's chin Molina is always dangerous also before the fight Snr said he had not watched any tape and didn't know much about Molina, Bey knew more about him then Snr did

Comment

Bey lost for listening to Floyd sr. Before the 10th round he said "I want you to go out there and fight super hard. You might get him out of there". What happened? Bey came out strong, had Molina wavering and ready to go, but then got gassed and Molina opened up and played evil dentist on him!LOL

Gotta give Molina credit though. Once he realized Bey was hurt he turned into a wild man. That was the first time all night where he seemed to be awake.

Comment

I thought Sr's advice was accurate. He told Bey to maybe work the body some more which was precisely what had sapped Molina in the previous round.
                  And it's true that he could have finished him if he stepped on the gas a little more. It just wouldn't be smart to try to get the finish at that point with the fight in hand.

Still, no one told Bey to showboat.

Comment

Any time anyone from the money team loses I'm happy. So I've been happy a lot lol. The only one I'll root for is Luis Cuba Arias...

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                      Yea Snr showed poor judgement, but Molina did look like he was ready to go, It's just that I have watched Bey fight quite a few times now and I noticed a while ago that he didn't have the best chin(he was knocked down a couple fights ago). Snr should know his fighter's chin Molina is always dangerous also before the fight Snr said he had not watched any tape and didn't know much about Molina, Bey knew more about him then Snr did
                      Molina was hurt but he's experienced and he's got power, you can't be reckless and try to finish a guy like that.

I thought Bey showed a good chin actually, he took a lot hard shots all night and was only clearly hurt in the last round. His biggest problem is his defense and ring IQ.

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      Bey lost for listening to Floyd sr. Before the 10th round he said "I want you to go out there and fight super hard. You might get him out of there". What happened? Bey came out strong, had Molina wavering and ready to go, but then got gassed and Molina opened up and played evil dentist on him!LOL

Gotta give Molina credit though. Once he realized Bey was hurt he turned into a wild man. That was the first time all night where he seemed to be awake.

Comment

Working...
                      X