Comments Thread For: Mayweather Will Face Pacquiao if He Leaves Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    To expand on that article,Floyd provides 100 percent of the financing
    for his own fights and the fighters he promotes.And as a result Floyd Makes money off the ticket sales,over seas showing of the fights,theater showing,products that are sold at the fight and don`t have to give a cut of his share of the PPV to anyone.
    Mayweather has a top professional accountant.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Yeah, and FORD would take 10 grand for their new 2014 Shelby Mustang the benefits would be great for me as well.

However I live in the real world, where I deal in terms of what realistically is going to happen. What realistically is not going to happen is FORD isnt taking 10 grand, and Pacquiao isnt signing with Mayweather Promotions, and Floyd knows it.

And doesn't want Manny... clearly by that requirement. Thanks for agreeing.

I never said he was scared.... did I?

I said he doesn't care about the fight, doesn't want the fight... it doesn't matter to him. Which is clear by what he said.

It seems like you agree with me, but won't admit it because it somehow sheds a bit of negative light on Floyd if you agree that he doesn't want the fight. You came close in saying he doesn't need it. Really, he doesn't want it. If he DID want it, those requirements would not be made.
      Ford point is kindacrazy there is no chnace for would do that but a slim chance manny will leave.

Not needing and not wanting are different. I interpret he wants the fight only if he gets what he wants. And since he has the kwan he's gonna ask for everything short of blood from a stone.

Bottom line is he gave manny a pathway to a fight. Is he asking for a lot-yes. But everytime floyd uses his leverage its seen as a measure of wanting fight. But when tr flexes its leverage well its different-floyd accvepting deal is now the measure of wanting fight.

Time to stop that. Making an offer can't be used on only one side as a measure of wanting fight.

Comment

• When does it end Mayweather?

Reasons why Mayweather won't fight Pacquiao:

1. take blood test
        2. 24 day RBT, then 14 day RBT, then no cut off day
        3. you have 2 losses
        4. give me 100 mill
        5. at 154lb
        6. can't train in Philippines
        7. test using only USADA
        8. take less money
        9. take 40 mill, no PPV
        10. revenge your loss to Bradley, Marquez
        11. leave Arum, retirement

Comment

• you know - this fight would still do bigger business than floyd vs canelo. It's one of the downfalls of boxing - this whole TR/GB feud. I could see the fight happening if Pac left TR, but Pac shouldnt have to sign wit May promotions - lesser fighters like Guererro and Ortiz didn't have to do that.

It's the one fight in my 30 yrs of watching boxing that bothers me the most for not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
            To expand on that article,Floyd provides 100 percent of the financing for his own fights and the fighters he promotes.And as a result Floyd Makes money off the ticket sales,over seas showing of the fights,theater showing,products that are sold at the fight and don`t have to give a cut of his share of the PPV to anyone.
            You need to provide proof before spreading that garbage. His former best friend, 50 cent, admitted that Floyd doesn't really have that kind of money. He wasn't even able to provide half of the expenses which he promised when 50c formed TMT.

Comment

• Originally posted by peth View Post
              Reasons why Mayweather won't fight Pacquiao:

1. take blood test
              2. 24 day RBT, then 14 day RBT, then no cut off day
              3. you have 2 losses
              4. give me 100 mill
              5. at 154lb
              6. can't train in Philippines
              7. test using only USADA
              8. take less money
              9. take 40 mill, no PPV
              10. revenge your loss to Bradley, Marquez
              11. leave Arum, retirement
              you know, I lame Arum almost as much as May (rememer - Manny is afraid of needles, Manny's cut won't heal in time, I need to time to build a stadium, etc) BUT, I think Mayweather has come up with even more excuses.
              BTW, u forgot about the "I am on vacation" excuse he gave after fighting Mosely and not fighting anyone for the next 16 months

Comment

• How did this happen? One Pac response and now 5 or 6 threads about this. LOL this **** never ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Just cause a fighter is popular doesnt mean shyt. Look at chavez jr!
                  not sure what u mean by this - of course it does. In fact, it means probably more than anything. look at de la hoya. In the 10 yr period of '99- '08, everyone wanted to fight him, and his PPVs made more than anyone. HE wasn't the best fighter in boxing - but he ruled boxing during that time period bc of his popularity

Comment

• Pac won't leave uncle Bob. Bob probably has him under contract until he retires and then some.

However Pac had plenty of chances to fight Floyd. Now Pac's basically irrelevant and fighting in China vs a LW.

At the end of the day he doesn't have any leverage left at this point. KO'ing a LW in his next fight or being KO'ed by a LW in his last fight doesn't get you very far. Especially when the fights are at WW.

Asking for a 50-50 split or anything close in 2013 as if it was 2009-2010 right before the Clottey fight is just a joke. Pac could have made the fight but wanted Clottey more for a lot less.. Now he probably won't even get a $40 million offer.. Which would be a career high. Floyd wants to sign him and be Pac's new Bob Arum.. smh

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      How did this happen? One Pac response and now 5 or 6 threads about this. LOL this **** never ends.
                      Pac and team are on the promotional tour.

Comment

Working...
                      X