Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardest partying fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in a few years we will look back and say chavez jr is up there... the guy balloons up 50 pounds after fights prob from eating and drinking mass. He tested positive for marijuana which proved he was smoking it during training camp. If he wants to smoke weed atleast wait till after the fight. Also he got a DUI 2 weeks before a fight. Always misses training days

Comment

Ruben Olivares

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
        Who are they? Gatti was a hard partier.
        I don't think Gatti was that big a partier, he was more of a boozer until he'd get sick and throw up all over the place. In my opinion the biggest partiers were Max Baer and Roberto Duran. It eventually killed Baer at age 50.

A good example of Duran's capabilities is that he was really a lightweight and made his Hall of Fame name there. But he eventually fought for a 168lb title. (When I saw him in Panama he had a stomach like a horse) An example of Duran's behaviour is that after he beat Leonard, he partied solidly for nearly 4 months. He gained 63 lbs. Leonard send one of his team down to Panama to investigate and came back with this info. So Bob Arum, Leonard's promoter, who had backed Leonard all the way, made Duran "an offer he couldn't refuse" I think it was about $8 mill, about 5-6 times greater than Duran's previous best payday-also against Leonard. But the fight had to be by the end of November which was just 5 months after the first fight. Duran spent all his 6-7 weeks in camp trying to lose the weight. He deserved to lose.

Oh, and I also read that he didn't say "No Mas", he said I'm not going to fight this crazy guy-referring to Leonard's showboating behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
          in a few years we will look back and say chavez jr is up there... the guy balloons up 50 pounds after fights prob from eating and drinking mass.

No, he doesn't.

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          An example of Duran's behaviour is that after he beat Leonard, he partied solidly for nearly 4 months. He gained 63 lbs. Leonard send one of his team down to Panama to investigate and came back with this info. So Bob Arum, Leonard's promoter, who had backed Leonard all the way, made Duran "an offer he couldn't refuse" I think it was about $8 mill, about 5-6 times greater than Duran's previous best payday-also against Leonard. But the fight had to be by the end of November which was just 5 months after the first fight. Duran spent all his 6-7 weeks in camp trying to lose the weight. He deserved to lose.

Bob Arum was never Leonard's promoter and Duran never gained 63 lbs in a matter of a couple of months, you demented old hag.

Comment

Does boozing count as partying?

If so Jake Lamotta partied awfully hard. Supposedly he used to show up to fights drunk.

Mayorga was also a big drinker.

Comment

Mike Tyson is infamous for his partying life style. The guy blew hundreds of millions of dollars of his money cause he lived an out of control life style! White tigers in his garden, exotic cars etc all of that.

Comment

Hatton used to eat a fry up on the day of his fights. He sniffed copious amount of *******, took pills.

He also got wasted pretty much everyday and put 50 lbs of fat on between fights.

Comment

Valero snorted the devils dandruff like it was going out of fashion.

Comment

Calzaghe and Hatton. They could out-snort everyone on this site combined

Comment

Carlos Monzon was a playah and a party animal

Comment

Working...
                      X