Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone See Last Night's Baseball All-Star Game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antwuan Maxx View Post
    Hoooly shit! I just noticed the guy "Canelo" is beating in the video is a Floyd lookalike! lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      That's pretty cool. However, with hype/intense media exposure comes pressure for him to succeed. Canelo getting a decision isn't out of the question.
      Anything is possible, but I can't, for the life of me, see "Canelo" winning by decision. As I said before, though, it would be exciting as hell to see the upset and watch Floyd drop his precious "zero."

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        hey man be proud Cubans are dominating right now. to bad Castro never let them turn pro if they did Cubans would already have tons of boxing champions
        Thanks, man. Hopefully the future brings positive change.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Anything is possible, but I can't, for the life of me, see "Canelo" winning by decision. As I said before, though, it would be exciting as hell to see the upset and watch Floyd drop his precious "zero."
          With all the energy surrounding this match-up, anything can/will happen. The judges will get caught up and I think we'll have a SD on our hands come Sept. 14th. The commercial reminds me of Bradley holding up the Pac/Bradley 2 rematch poster; the future is being hinted at. Floyd will have to be extra dominant.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 07-17-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
            Cespedes has stunk this year. Amazing despite his and Reddick's struggles Oakland is still in 1st place.
            Yeah but its been decent. This season Reddick and Young, who i thought would be better, have been huge disappointments. Donaldson was robbed of his spot on allstar team and we still have a good young rotation and bullpen. We are a scrappy team and thats why we are on 1st. Im happy but could be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
              Win or lose Canelo will be a star nonetheless. Losing to Floyd isn't a bad thing if you have a good/respectable showing. He'll be here for awhile unless he loses and simply goes haywire outside the ring and let's a single defeat ruin his future.
              That's one of the points that JMM said in a recent interview on Mexican tv. He basically said that even in Canelo loses, but makes a good showing, he wins. Let's remember, Canelo is only 24 years old, just turned 24 and he hasn't even hit his prime or peak yet.

If Canelo beats Mayweather.....the roof is going to blow off boxing and I will argue it might be the best thin that happened to boxing since the DLH v Trinidad fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                With all the energy surrounding this match-up, anything can/will happen. The judges will get caught up and I think we'll have a SD on our hands come Sept. 14th. The commercial reminds me of Bradley holding up the Pac/Bradley 2 rematch poster; the future is being hinted at. Floyd will have to be extra dominant.
                You seem to be anticipating a close fight. I think it'll be a good fight, but not that close. But, hey, the closer the better. I want to see the best fight possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  That's one of the points that JMM said in a recent interview on Mexican tv. He basically said that even in Canelo loses, but makes a good showing, he wins. Let's remember, Canelo is only 24 years old, just turned 24 and he hasn't even hit his prime or peak yet.
                  A few of us have been saying the same thing.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  If Canelo beats Mayweather.....the roof is going to blow off boxing and I will argue it might be the best thin that happened to boxing since the DLH v Trinidad fight.
                  I'm not a fan of either guy, but I would welcome the change. It would herald a new chapter. "Canelo" would bring greater interest to the sport. Most people watch Floyd in the hopes he'll lose. People would watch Saul to see him win. That positivity is refreshing. This upcoming fight will be second only to a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, in terms of revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Thanks, man. Hopefully the future brings positive change.
                    I remember some old boxing guy told me Puerto Rico should be grateful that Cuban boxers were never allowed to go pro. I wonder what he meant by that?

Comment

Has Tyson sold out?

Comment

Working...
                      X