Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye vs. Tyson Fury Master Thread - Stop making new threads about this fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Fury!!!!

Comment

• Hard not to pick Haye by knockout. I wonder if Fury boxes as well as Haye even.

Comment

• I've benn through this fight so many times in my mind and I think it is as simple as that :

If Haye goes into a fight/brawl with Tyson Fury he will get sparked brutally. Haye should definitely not go on the inside, that would be a big mistake.

Anyway, Haye has fast head movement and a decent uppercut to get away from the inside

If Haye fights with very good ring intelligence, keeps some distance and, most importantly, fights like a typical ambush fighter there is no way Tyson Fury is gonna win this fight. The key word for Haye are the following : counter-punching , fast and accurate assaults.

This fight is all bout mental strenght and strategy. Believe me on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
          I've benn through this fight so many times in my mind and I think it is as simple as that :

If Haye goes into a fight/brawl with Tyson Fury he will get sparked brutally. Haye should definitely not go on the inside, that would be a big mistake.

Anyway, Haye has fast head movement and a decent uppercut to get away from the inside

If Haye fights with very good ring intelligence, keeps some distance and, most importantly, fights like a typical ambush fighter there is no way Tyson Fury is gonna win this fight. The key word for Haye are the following : counter-punching , fast and accurate assaults.

This fight is all bout mental strenght and strategy. Believe me on that.

The main problem with the ambush strategy (which I agree is his best bet and almost guaranteed to be his plan) is that Fury, if nothing else, is an active fighter that throws a lot of punches. Especially compared to Haye who is by every statistical measure the most economical puncher to ever hold a HW belt.

Every round where Haye fails to hurt Fury or put 3-4 showy punches together he is going to lose. He could easily be behind 6-2 on the cards going into the latter 3rd of the fight.

Then the question becomes does David Haye want it bad enough to put it on the line, put himself in danger, and risk going out on his shield?

So far he has not proven a willingness to do that and one would be foolish to expect it to change at a point in his career where boxing seems to have become a hobby more than a profession.

Comment

• been looking forward to this one since it was announced either man can knock the other out .fury needs to impose his size on haye early for his best chance to win .this will be an exciting fight for as long as it last's

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              The main problem with the ambush strategy (which I agree is his best bet and almost guaranteed to be his plan) is that Fury, if nothing else, is an active fighter that throws a lot of punches. Especially compared to Haye who is by every statistical measure the most economical puncher to ever hold a HW belt.

Every round where Haye fails to hurt Fury or put 3-4 showy punches together he is going to lose. He could easily be behind 6-2 on the cards going into the latter 3rd of the fight.

Then the question becomes does David Haye want it bad enough to put it on the line, put himself in danger, and risk going out on his shield?

So far he has not proven a willingness to do that and one would be foolish to expect it to change at a point in his career where boxing seems to have become a hobby more than a profession.
              He stood and took the fight to Chisora, Haye will do what he always does stand and wait for Fury to throw before countering, Haye likes come forward fighters that commit which Fury will do. Fury's best chance would be for him to try and emulate Wlad and stay behind a jab and not commit to anything.

Comment

• I believe Fury may try to imitate Klitschko at a certain time in the fight before trying to go into a fight. I think he will try to establish the jab.

I believe that would be a suicide on the ring.Fury doesn't use his jab very well and lacks a little bit of power in my opinion. He began to fight against Cunningham pretending he was Vitali Klitschko, he even said before the fight he wanted to play with him just as Klitschko did with Adamek. And we all know how it went in the first two rounds. Tyson can't fight with a low guard and dodge big shots. Vitali and Haye are masters at this.

Tyson Fury is a typical brawler that needs a little bit more strenght. Technically he clearly doesn't match fighters such as Povetkin, Haye, Pulev and Thompson ( without mentioning the Klitschko brothers).

Fury's advantages are his footwork, the variety of punches he throws and the pace he imposes on his opponents.

I am really eager to see what he will bring on the table against Haye. But I still believe that he has no chance if Haye fights as a pure ambush fighter. I think he won't because of the pace that Fury will impose. Let's see!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

Can I see these statistics please?

Comment

• Originally posted by katjack View Post
                    Hard not to pick Haye by knockout. I wonder if Fury boxes as well as Haye even.
                    Fury can box very well. Doesn't always show in his fights as he prefers a good old scrap, but he's got it in his locker. Ask Steve Cunningham, who is currently sparring Fury. He could not believe it was the same guy he fought at MSG.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGD View Post
                      Fury can box very well. Doesn't always show in his fights as he prefers a good old scrap, but he's got it in his locker. Ask Steve Cunningham, who is currently sparring Fury. He could not believe it was the same guy he fought at MSG.
                      Where did you read on Cunningham's impressions about Tyson Fury?

Comment

Working...
                      X