Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Qullin is a very good fighter and one of the hardest punchers in the game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Qullin is a very good fighter and one of the hardest punchers in the game

Alright, I'm getting a little annoyed by the lack of respect NSB has for Kid Chocolate. Let me say I understand some of this he brought on himself by his reluctance to fight GGG anytime soon, but that doesn't make him a crappy fighter!

The man HURTS people. Everyone who gets in the ring with him gets hurt at some point. His power is almost equal to that of Golovkin. Easily the second hardest puncher at MW. I believe hes scored 11 knock downs in his past three fights. He has the power to hurt ANYONE at MW from Sergio to Chavez to Golovkin - if he lands clean any of these guys could get hurt, dropped or KOd.

The huge problem obviously is that he's stuck with Golden Boy/Showtime while all the other relevant MWs are fighting on HBO. This is why he's going to be fighting the Danny Jacobs of the world for a bit which sucks for him and fans.

IMO Golovkin and Quillin are the two best MWs. Both would beat Martinez and Chavez jr.

I could understand having a low work rate granted your good defensively, but that isn't the case with Quillin, there is absolutely no way he beats Chavez Jr. Too flat footed as well. He probably does beat Martinez right now but that doesn't mean anything to me, he looked horrible against an average Murray.

Comment

I think he's the hardest fight for GGG at middleweight.

Martinez is over the hill, he depends on his reflexes and they are eroding fast.

Chavez jr has a great chin but very overrated power, his defense is also horrendous so he would get worked bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Alright, I'm getting a little annoyed by the lack of respect NSB has for Kid Chocolate. Let me say I understand some of this he brought on himself by his reluctance to fight GGG anytime soon, but that doesn't make him a crappy fighter!

The man HURTS people. Everyone who gets in the ring with him gets hurt at some point. His power is almost equal to that of Golovkin. Easily the second hardest puncher at MW. I believe hes scored 11 knock downs in his past three fights. He has the power to hurt ANYONE at MW from Sergio to Chavez to Golovkin - if he lands clean any of these guys could get hurt, dropped or KOd.

The huge problem obviously is that he's stuck with Golden Boy/Showtime while all the other relevant MWs are fighting on HBO. This is why he's going to be fighting the Danny Jacobs of the world for a bit which sucks for him and fans.

IMO Golovkin and Quillin are the two best MWs. Both would beat Martinez and Chavez jr.
        Martinez would make him look silly. Agreed that he is not a shlt fighter. Has skill and does hurt opponents. But he wont beat Martinez

Comment

He's a Bum

And if he's such a big puncher why did he go the distance with a ancient Winky Wright?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake... View Post
            He's a Bum

And if he's such a big puncher why did he go the distance with a ancient Winky Wright?
            Has Winky ever been stopped before? Nope. But Peter did knock him down. When was Winky knocked down before that? You'd have to go back many years.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Geale, Sturm, Murray, Macklin and Barker are not contracted to HBO.

Comment

Yes quillen is a pretty good fighter,,, I liked his poise in the guerrero fight, seemed very relaxed and appears to be putting it all together...

Would like to see him rematch that one dude d'kam or whatever...

Over the last 2 years, quillen has appeared to improve each time....

GGG, quillen, murray i think are the top 3, geale is very close as well.....

quillen reminds me alot of micheal nunn but a harder puncher and not as good boxing skills,,

Comment

Good tough fighter, not so good of a boxer. There is a difference. When you have guys like that, it is easier to beat them if you can box.

Chavez Jr is similar, he's not a great boxer but he's a tough fighter and can hit.

Comment

I agree with whoever said he reminded him of Trinidad in the way he moves and punching power. He seems more of a counterpuncher, and missing Tito's killer instinct.

Comment

Working...
                    X