The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthysse/Garcia - Peterson/Judah in the Works for 9/7 in DC

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn 44m
    Schaefer says he has Sept 7 on hold at the Verizon Center in DC for Garcia-Matthysse, hopes to do Peterson-Judah in co-feature (consi match)
    Retweeted 70 times

courtesy of PBP

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
      Both Garcias would end up in the hospital. One of them by brain damage, the other by a heart attack.

I really hope they make this fight. Seems like it's all on Haymon and Garcia at this point.

Comment

I actually like both guys, Mattysse a bit more admittedly, but man Lucas is gonna destroy the kid.

What I don't understand is why everybody labels Garcia as the "man" of the division and Lucas as the challenger? If anything it should be the other way around or both men should be viewed as equals in terms of divisional standings.

Comment

Same as last night, Matthysse domination.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            I actually like both guys, Mattysse a bit more admittedly, but man Lucas is gonna destroy the kid.
            It'll do him good, the kid needs a humbling experience. Next comes Broner? I'd pay PPV to watch Lucas sodomize Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              It'll do him good, the kid needs a humbling experience. Next comes Broner? I'd pay PPV to watch Lucas sodomize Broner.

Mattysse would viciously **** Broner with that evil smirk on his face he occasionally displays.

He should use him as a tune up for Floyd at WW.

Comment

Garcia by UD.....

Comment

Undecided, toss up...

I see Danny Garcia controlling distance well, making Matthysse take the initiative which is inevitable and countering effectively, whether Matthysse can take the punch or not is another story. I think it's safe to assume Danny Garcia would be the hardest puncher Matthysse has ever faced and vise versa. It's a fight where Garcia has all the opportunities to counter if he can keep the fight within good range, Matthysse should look to feint and work Danny Garcia up close where he's most vulnerable. What Danny has going for him is a damn good chin, should be a great fight regardless of how it ends. No outcome surprises me here....

Too many people sleeping on Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    Undecided, toss up...

I see Danny Garcia controlling distance well, making Matthysse take the initiative which is inevitable and countering effectively, whether Matthysse can take the punch or not is another story. I think it's safe to assume Danny Garcia would be the hardest puncher Matthysse has ever faced and vise versa. It's a fight where Garcia has all the opportunities to counter if he can keep the fight within good range, Matthysse should look to feint and work Danny Garcia up close where he's most vulnerable. What Danny has going for him is a damn good chin, should be a great fight regardless of how it ends. No outcome surprises me here....

Yep I also believe a lot of people are sleeping on Danny, I see him attacking Lucas though, I see him fighting on the front foot and trying to back up Lucas, Ajose and Peterson did the same thing which were to try and keep a distance between themselves and Lucas, that is the wrong game plan and suicidial because that gives Lucas extension on his arm to land his power punches.

I see Garcia closing the distance, digging to the body and keeping his hands up, turning Lucas and trying to land his hooks...Garcia by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      Undecided, toss up...

I feel like Garcia's willingness to mix it up when he's landing will bite him in the ass, same as it did with Peterson tonight. Lucas has an underrated body attack, something he showed tonight that helped set up his big shots upstairs. Garcia is a very good fighter though and has heart. Also Garcia CAN NOT afford to fade late like he did vs Judah, where as Matthysse was coming hard down the stretch with his fight with a slightly fresher Zab.

Comment

Working...
                      X