No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
    I thought that originally too but both fighters were under Haymon and the scores weren't that lop-sided.

Judge: Robert Hoyle 112-114 | judge: Glenn Trowbridge 111-115 | judge: Juergen Langos 112-114

Nevertheless, with full vision, Matthysse may not have had to rely on the judges. We'll never know. It was Danny's night, he deserved the win but I think most of us would like to see a rematch at some point.
    I agree and, unlike some of the Garcia haters here, I can admit that we saw things from Danny that we haven't seen before, at least not on this high of a level. I still think this was a super close fight, and for some to call it a "schooling" or "boxing lesson" is absurd, Matthysse is just as good as I thought he was before the fight, even moreso because he showed some serious heart. Danny is even better than I thought

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      and for some to call it a "schooling" or "boxing lesson" is absurd
      Well, of course that is just **** talking, but it was a schooling for all the loud mouth Matthysse fans that thought it would be an easy ko.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
        Well, of course that is just **** talking, but it was a schooling for all the loud mouth Matthysse fans that thought it would be an easy ko.
        lol, this fight was going at least 9-10 rounds, so yeah anybody who predicted an early stoppage DKSAB

Comment

I agree and, unlike some of the Garcia haters here, I can admit that we saw things from Danny that we haven't seen before, at least not on this high of a level. I still think this was a super close fight, and for some to call it a "schooling" or "boxing lesson" is absurd, Matthysse is just as good as I thought he was before the fight, even moreso because he showed some serious heart. Danny is even better than I thought
          He's actually better than I thought he was. I had Garcia down as the superior pure boxer and that Matthysse's chances rested on his power in a 50/50 bout but Matthysse was out-boxing Garcia until he sustained the eye problem (re-watching I had him up 5-1, but could see 4-2). I hope Matthysse makes it back, I think he at least deserves to become world champion.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 10-04-2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I thought the fight was pretty close...scored it 114-112 Garcia. I was leaning towards Matthysse before the fight, but wasn't at all confident in that outlook. Both fighters impressed me for different reasons. Danny is better than I previously thought, and Lucas showed some real toughness. I would love to see a rematch someday.

Comment

• Danny inched by on my scorecard 114-112.

Most failed to predict how tough this fight was going to be for both fighters.
              Definitely warrants a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
                the punch? that caused the swollen eye.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
                Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                Danny inched by on my scorecard 114-112.

Most failed to predict how tough this fight was going to be for both fighters.
                Definitely warrants a rematch.
                I just looked at the video that shows how Matthysse's eye was made to swell. Wow. I found it odd how it swelled up so fast. I didn't see a punch land, nor was Lucas taking heavy punishment. Now it's clear. Bad luck for Matthysse.

Comment

• I think most Lucas fans already knew Swift was the superior ring tactician but just didn't wanna admit it....so the surprising thing about this fight was Swift's ability to take Lucas's best punches....Swift's granite chin was what won the fight.....the eye thing was minor compared to Swift's chin....the eye didn't stop him from landing the sick right hand that knocked Swift's mouthpiece out....it was that chin that kept Swift from going down though.....most 140 pounders go to sleep when Lucas touch them like that

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    I think most Lucas fans already knew Swift was the superior ring tactician but just didn't wanna admit it....so the surprising thing about this fight was Swift's ability to take Lucas's best punches....Swift's granite chin was what won the fight.....the eye thing was minor compared to Swift's chin....the eye didn't stop him from landing the sick right hand that knocked Swift's mouthpiece out....it was that chin that kept Swift from going down though.....most 140 pounders go to sleep when Lucas touch them like that
                    You make a good point, but you're downplaying the fact that fighting with one eye for the last six rounds of a championship fight is a major handicap. Garcia won the fight in the second half. Matthysse was up in the first half. The eye would seem to have tipped the balance.

Comment

• No way in hell was the first 6 rounds 5-1...MAYBE 4-2 Matthyse but you could also argue a 3-3 split but in no way shape or form was it 5-1

The fight was damn close even before the eye injury.

Comment

Working...
                      X