Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dang.. I knew Danny would shock the world and defy the odds, but there are so many people completely writing him off who are in for heart-attack level shock.. It's honestly like Matthysse's going in there after having KO'd Floyd Mayweather and Wlad Klitschko... Imagine all the money these people have put on Lucas... I feel sorry for them...

Comment

• Originally posted by miniq View Post
      They must have discussed about maybe going low against Matthysse if he gets hurt...

Hard to think straight when Lucas hurts you though. Garcia is going to feel it... let's see what he's made of.
      I like Danny but its gonna be hard to withstand the power of Lucas for 12 rounds he gonna get caught at some point

Comment

• Danny is very susceptible to the jab that is his weakness, but he is among the best at defending powershots...

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          Dominic Verdin, ******.com

Lucas Matthysse KO 7 Danny Garcia: Lucas "The Machine" Matthysse has lived up to his nickname. He is a man who won't stop until you are knocked out. Matthysse has underrated boxing skills. Danny Garcia is the linear champ at junior welterweight.

This fight alone can serve as it’s own main event. Each fighter has power and skills. Matthysse just seems to be a level above Garcia. Look for "The Machine" to terminate Garcia's reign inside of seven rounds, even if he has to rise from the canvas to do it.

Record: 0-0

Anson Wainwright, ******.com

Lucas Matthysse KO 7 Danny Garcia: This fight in it's own right could headline a show, Lucas Matthysse comes in on the back of an absolute monster performance over Lamont Peterson, nobody does that to Peterson. While Danny Garcia looked good early before struggling late against Zab Judah.

Garcia has had his struggles, in Eric Morales I, Amir Khan early, and then late against Judah but he finds a way to win, you cant help respect that. That said against "The Machine" if he's in harm's way he's in big trouble, Matthysse is a one of boxing's biggest punchers.

I think Garcia is good enough to stay away from Matthysse for the early going and wouldn't be surprised to see Garcia walk Matthysse onto a left hook to end matters however I think Matthysse's form of late is scintillating and he'll be the one who ends up victorious on this occasion catching up to the Philadelphia native in the mid rounds.

Record: 5-3 [Arreola KO 7 Mitchell]

Andre Ward, RING super middleweight champion

Danny Garcia KO Lucas Matthysse: I don't think that a lot of people are giving Danny Garcia the credit that he deserves. Lucas Matthysse has the tag of being one of the most feared fighters in boxing, and he's the boogie man right now.

I mean, to a degree, some of that may be warranted. He's a very physical guy, he's proven that he's a hard hitter. But Danny hits just as hard, if not harder than Matthysse from what it appears.

But Danny got more skill. I think that people don't give Danny credit for the things that he does, defensively, and even offensively. Danny is a very crafty fighter.

So I'm riding with Danny just because he's a personal friend of mine, and I like Danny, but he's a champion who has fought great opposition, and he's done what he was supposed to do and he doesn't get the credit that he deserves.

So I'm riding with Danny Garcia. I don't see this fight going the distance. Matthysse has been hit by Zab Judah, who still has a lot of power, but I think that the media has given Matthysse this iron-chinned tag prematurely.

You've yet to really see him get hit and see how he responds. I don't see it going the distance, and I see Danny winning, so I see Danny possibly stopping Matthysse late.

I don't have a round, because this fight can end in one round, or it can end in the 12th round. But if I had to choose, I can't really see this fight going the distance, and if I had to pick a direct position I would say Danny Garcia by late stoppage."

Record: 0-0

By an overwhelming 30-4, the experts have selected Lucas Matthysse to unseat Danny Garciia as RING junior welterweight champion.
          DAMN! No one gives Garcia a chance in hell other than a couple personal friends. I think Danny gives us a good show and doesnt get KO until round 6.
          He's not as powerful as LM as his KO record shows, nor is he as good a boxer but he has heart.

Comment

• I hope Lucas just ignores him tomorrow too. That's why Angel kept going, he's not getting to Lucas and it's bugging him. Khan showed his anger and that's what Angel wanted. Lucas is too smart to make the same mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gucci View Post
              I think Angel should be searched for a weapon cause I think he can go insane and just let lose once he realized his son career is over and back to eating spam on crackers and welfare checks.
              Damn, It must suck being a boxer!

You lose once and your career is over...

1.5 mil for the fight. I don't they'll be eating spam and crackers anytime soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                Damn, It must suck being a boxer!

You lose once and your career is over...

1.5 mil for the fight. I don't they'll be eating spam and crackers anytime soon!
                Win/Lose or Draw Angel will still be heading to the strippers :boobies: "We love the strippers"

Comment

• Here's my assessment:

Power - Even

Defense - Garcia

Speed/Agility - Matthysse

Reflexes - Even

Chin - Matthysse not fully tested so I'd have to say even

Ring generalship - Even

Endurance - Even

Timing - Garcia

Resume - Garcia

Conclusion - Lucas will miss a lot of power shots, both guys may go down but ultimately I believe Matthysse will come in overconfident and get countered by a Garcia hook. Garcia wins by TKO.

Comment

• Funny that Angel says Garcia will destroy Matthysse inside 4-5 cause if it goes past that then I'm 100000000000% Matthysse beats Garcia.

The longer the fight goes the more Garcia will cut up and the more he will fatigue.

If I was Matthysse I'd start boxing (play possum in a way) let Garcia come to me. Or just wear him down slowly (nothing reckless) and destroy him in the late rounds, where Garcia's more vulnerable.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
                      VERY nice promo video

And Danny, I'm starting to feel sorry for the kid. He knows. Oh boy does he know.
                      WOW, I can already hear it.

"in my heart, Im a true champion. I just got caught. I be back. Peace."

Comment

Working...
                      X