Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thing is, I don't care if you guys pick so and so to win but don't give some lame argument like "Lucas couldn't beat so and so".

I just think anything Garcia and Peterson do Lucas does better.
    Styles make fights but whats also a good indicator in how fights pan out is by who beat who and if youve seen a guy get beat then you know how its done. Dannys Style cant replicate that of Judah or Alexander but he does some things better.

Lucas may have improved since those fights & he will be bringing alot to the table, just a question of Dannys ability to handle that. I'd say on what weve seen so far yes because he learns as the fights go on. Lucas didnt appear to have a plan B in his losses. Great puncher but still unanswered questions for me

Comment

• Originally posted by G22
      Quote:

My thing is, I don't care if you guys pick so and so to win but don't give some lame argument like "Lucas couldn't beat so and so".

I just think anything Garcia and Peterson do Lucas does better.

Styles make fights but whats also a good indicator in how fights pan out is by who beat who and if youve seen a guy get beat then you know how its done. Dannys Style cant replicate that of Judah or Alexander but he does some things better.

Lucas may have improved since those fights & he will be bringing alot to the table, just a question of Dannys ability to handle that. I'd say on what weve seen so far yes because he learns as the fights go on. Lucas didnt appear to have a plan B in his losses. Great puncher but still unanswered questions for me
      What does Garcia do better than Alexander and Judah? He might harder than Alexander but power is not what you need to beat Lucas. His boxing and speed are not better than Alexander's or Judah's.

And as for the bold, how you figured Garcia can handle Lucas' power? He's been hurt by Morales and Judah. And how is he gonna take Lucas' power away? The guy doesn't box nor does he move well.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• What does Garcia do better than Alexander and Judah? He might harder than Alexander but power is not what you need to beat Lucas. His boxing and speed are not better than Alexander's or Judah's.

And as for the bold, how you figured Garcia can handle Lucas' power? He's been hurt by Morales and Judah. And how is he gonna take Lucas' power away? The guy doesn't box nor does he move well.
        We dont know which is the beauty of it but I belive Lucas is use to walking through guys but when someone times him and counters him with power everytime he makes a mistake he may not be so confident marching forward and that will take him out of him game.

Everyones talking about Lucas' power as they should, but Danny is not feather fisted himself. He isnt easy to discourage whereas perhaps Judah and Alexander were intimidated by Lucas' power which allowed him into the fight. Dannys handled speed before but handling power is a big question mark. I never seen Danny proper hurt. Judah may have landed some shots but so far Dannys shown to be reliable in that dept. Different story when Lucas is landing but is he as quick as Judah to get those shots off? Im not sure. Dannys defence isnt bad and he'd be stupid to trade with Lucas but if he boxes a disciplined fight I see him picking up rounds the longer it goes.

Im not completely convinced in my own argument, its tough to call but if I had to bet on the outcome of this fight Id go with Danny by decision.
        Last edited by G22; 06-07-2013, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Here's the thing, you DON'T NEED to be as fast as Judah to land on Garcia. His shots are wild and Morales did it. I believe it was the 10th round, go watch it.

Comment

• Garcia doesn't fight like a coward, doesn't run all night and he doesn't clinch 20 times a round. He is there to be hit. Bad idea vs Lucas, His only hope is Stopping Lucas himself in an all out war perhaps early.

I can only picture Garcia taking a Brutal beating in this fight, i hope i'm wrong as i would love a back and forth classic.

Comment

• Another fact that I always like to put out there which people don't seem to point out, Garcia's face LOVES to cut up. So I see Garcia getting stopped one way or another. Whether he's KOed or stopped by the doctor/corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Another fact that I always like to put out there which people don't seem to point out, Garcia's face LOVES to cut up. So I see Garcia getting stopped one way or another. Whether he's KOed or stopped by the doctor/corner.

Great point, it truly is a horrible match up for Garcia. Garcia isn't slick enough or a coward enough to avoid exchanges with Lucas at points in the fight.

Comment

Here's the thing, you DON'T NEED to be as fast as Judah to land on Garcia. His shots are wild and Morales did it. I believe it was the 10th round, go watch it.

Ive seen both fights with Morales and yeah I think Danny showed too much respect in the 1st fight. Didnt look good, looked abit plodding and had a bloody nose so based on that youd think Lucas would walk right through him. Showed improvement in his next 3 fights though, hes growing as a fighter and Im confident hes got more to show.

Morales may be old and slow but he is one of the best in the game at feinting. Lucas loads up and you can see them coming abit better but theres no doubt Danny will get hit in this fight. If Danny cant keep Lucas off him then he gets mauled savagely. He has had to bite down in the past so I dont question his heart. His hands need to be high and he needs box sensibly then its all on Lucas to force the fight and make mistakes.
                  Last edited by G22; 06-07-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by G22
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Here's the thing, you DON'T NEED to be as fast as Judah to land on Garcia. His shots are wild and Morales did it. I believe it was the 10th round, go watch it.

Ive seen both fights with Morales and yeah I think Danny showed too much respect in the 1st fight. Didnt look good, looked abit plodding and had a bloody nose so based on that youd think Lucas would walk right through him. Showed improvement in his next 3 fights though, hes growing as a fighter and Im confident hes got more to show.

Morales may be old and slow but he is one of the best in the game at feiting. Lucas loads up and you can see them coming abit better but theres no doubt Danny will get hit in this fight. If Danny cant keep Lucas off him then he gets mauled savagely. He has had to bite down in the past so I dont question his heart. His hands need to be high and box sensibly its on Lucas to force the fight and make mistakes.
                    When he gets touched up he likes to go into exchange mode with zero regard for defense something like Bradley if you will. He was also bloodied up vs Judah not just Morales. His eyes swell up and he cuts up.

Comment

Another fact that I always like to put out there which people don't seem to point out, Garcia's face LOVES to cut up. So I see Garcia getting stopped one way or another. Whether he's KOed or stopped by the doctor/corner.

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      When he gets touched up he likes to go into exchange mode with zero regard for defense something like Bradley if you will. He was also bloodied up vs Judah not just Morales. His eyes swell up and he cuts up.

That will be his undoing if he he trades with Lucas and he can only blame himself if he is silly enough to do that.

I have faith that there are different horses for different courses and will know he cant do that vs Lucas. Maybe he felt he should win all the exchanges with Judah and Morales to show whos boss and thats why he traded rather than it being a natural instinct whereas in this scenario he will realise its not to his advantage to win that way. He always seems to get the result whether he looks good or not so if he has to win boring then thats what he'll do. Although Lucas wont let this fight be boring because he will be on him every second. There will come a point where Danny has to fight his way out of a situation and we'll see if his chin holds up or not
                      Last edited by G22; 06-07-2013, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X