No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Funny thing is, theres some people around here who believe this bullcrap. Sounds like a buncha excuses to me.

But since we're into making excuses does this look like a healthy Matthysse to you?

Didn't even have 1 week to train in the US before the fight. And still manhandled his ass.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Coming over so late and being so strong is unheard of... Also missing all of the pre-fight promotion is absolutely unheard of. He did it with the Peterson fight and now this one.. Something is very weird about Matthyse.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Angel turned up

Comment

• Jajjaa!!! Angel's not happy about it.
          Whacha're gonna do old man? The boy has to fight that "little bum".
          Golden Boy didnt leave you much of a choice, did they, Danny the Duck?

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
            i disagree, I think this fight goes about 10 or 11 rounds. peterson fight could've went longer had lamont had an ounce of confidence in himself. dude was scared ****less in that fight from the opening bell

i think danny fights a big game and shows he's at least as good of a boxer as lamont peterson is, but has much more confidence which will get him into the late rounds against lucas. but I feel lucas will probably drop danny once or twice before the fight ends
            I think just the opposite, I think Lamont extra confident after having massacred Holt the way he did

And Danny is not as good a boxer as Lamont Peterson. Against Holt, split decision vs stoppage. Danny is actually considered a power puncher, which Peterson is not

But u can certainly see that Danny is confident (maybe)

Comment

• Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
              I think just the opposite, I think Lamont extra confident after having massacred Holt the way he did

And Danny is not as good a boxer as Lamont Peterson. Against Holt, split decision vs stoppage. Danny is actually considered a power puncher, which Peterson is not

But u can certainly see that Danny is confident (maybe)
              Same thing can be said that Maidana got schooled by Morales and couldn't knock him out and hurt him but Garcia did while he was on steroids. Khan knocked out Judah and Judah beat Matthyse but Garcia beat him and hurt him much more. Matthyse can be hurt, you will see how badly this 9/14.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                Same thing can be said that Maidana got schooled by Morales and couldn't knock him out and hurt him but Garcia did while he was on steroids. Khan knocked out Judah and Judah beat Matthyse but Garcia beat him and hurt him much more. Matthyse can be hurt, you will see how badly this 9/14.
                A triangle theory never tells you the whole story. Zab didn't let his hands go against Khan, fought very defensively and basically quit on himself. Khan did what he does to every opponent and Zab couldn't hack it and didn't adjust. Judah was also a big underdog going into that fight. Judah was a slight favorite going into the Matthysse fight, and it was LM's first fight at world-level. Zab got the W by the skin of his teeth and came down to style preference. Zab employed a defensive stick-and-move strategy and it worked here. Going into the Garcia fight, Zab was a heavy underdog. Garcia is a counter-banger, and once again, Zab employed a stick-and-move/defensive strategy and wasn't pulling the trigger (just like in the Khan and LM fights). Garcia increased his work-rate to counter-act Zab's defensiveness and was winning rounds based on that. According to Compubox, Zab threw 480 punches against Garcia and 634 against Matts. He jabbed and moved more against LM than he did when he fought DG. He stood his ground more against DG, but he wasn't really accomplishing anything.

This is all to say that preparation/game-plans have a big impact on one's performance. The current version of LM takes more risks and shows confidence in his power/chin/defense. The current version of Judah is defensive and abuses his jab. The current version of Khan abuses his speed with in-and-out movement and flurries. The current version of Garcia is a counter-puncher that's confident in his power/chin/defense and makes heavy use of power punches. DG and LM are pretty similar, and that's why I'm ecstatic for this match-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                  U want to know why Garcia was able to knock out Morales and Maidana wasn't? Becuz he's a better boxer...

That was my point

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    Angel turned up
                    Really is weird that Angel would risk calling Lucas a "bum" when he's most likely going to destroy his son. What would that make Danny?

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                      Really is weird that Angel would risk calling Lucas a "bum" when he's most likely going to destroy his son. What would that make Danny?
                      The bums leftovers ?
                      Danny's getting "machined".

Comment

Working...
                      X