Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shocker: Lebedev-Jones Doctor Was Not Allowed To Stop It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shocker: Lebedev-Jones Doctor Was Not Allowed To Stop It

On May 17th, WBA "regular" cruiserweight champion Denis Lebedev met WBA's "champion in recess" Guillermo Jones in one of the most savage fights in recent memory. Lebedev was battling for almost half a fight with a giant hematoma, covering and distorting the right side of his face. Many thought the massacre should have been stopped as early as the sixth round, but Lebedev carried on to display unearthly courage and remained in the fight until the eleventh round when he was stopped.

[Click Here To Read More]

Criminal charges then. This is a sport where behavior like this can cause death for the participant.

Comment

Russian people are the most miserable and dishonest in the entire world.

It's no wonder Wlad Klitschko needed assurances to go there. He knows first hand how Russian thugs operate.

And local nutcase Freedom thinks an American HW should feel obligated to go to Moscow to fight Magomed when it's clear that the health of the fighters is not a priority at all in Russian boxing.

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised if it were Hrunov....Russia is only getting worse

Comment

Which only leads me to believe that Lebedev was way up on the cards and all he had to do was survive

Comment

its pretty obvious that was the case, in any normal circumstance the fight woulda been stopped

Comment

wouldn't be surprised if it was true it was obvious the fight should have been stopped. Wlad better have covered all the basis especially when these guys were prepared to put up so much money. Anybody heard the rumors about Povetkin doing underground fights for the russian mafia btw? Whats that about?

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                Criminal charges then. This is a sport where behavior like this can cause death for the participant.
                It's only a bruise, however large and will get better with ice packs, gentle heat etc. If it was inside the skull that would of course be dangerous but it wasn't.... So what the heck.

Holyfield had a far worse one and kept going.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  its pretty obvious that was the case, in any normal circumstance the fight woulda been stopped
                  Originally posted by hyeduk View Post
                  I wouldnt be surprised if it were Hrunov....Russia is only getting worse
                  Yeah it was blatantly obvious when the Doctor looked at the injury that he was not going to stop it regardless. He barely glanced at it before sending Lebedev back in.

Without a doubt Hyrunov is behind it. For him to sit there and act like there is an investigation is a truly hilarious charade. Sure he didn't intimidate the Doc personally but you better believe that whoever did is on Hyrunov's payroll and did it with his instruction.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                    wouldn't be surprised if it was true it was obvious the fight should have been stopped. Wlad better have covered all the basis especially when these guys were prepared to put up so much money. Anybody heard the rumors about Povetkin doing underground fights for the russian mafia btw? Whats that about?
                    That sounds interesting, I want to hear more about that. I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. I know a few eastern europeans who train just to fight like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X