Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins is pushing 50...Why is he still dominating ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gandhalf View Post
    Is it a testament of his greatness ?...Or because of how poor his division is ?
    And even if that's the case...Do you guys think we will see more and more dominant fighters in their 40's or mid-40's in the future ?...

Or is Hopkins just a special case ?
    (Archie Moore also comes to mind...)
    He's definitely a special fighter and these guys he's beating are average fighters.

Comment

Hopkins is a one of a kind amazing fighter and I don't think any fighter will ever do as well as he has done at such an old age. The light heavyweights are not that strong now but that takes nothing away from what Hopkins has done. He did lose to Dawson so he is not dominating completely.But he just won another title over Cloud and at his age that is incredible.He is not pretty to watch anymore and I wish he would retire. He must be very rich so why risk his health fighting? If he fights that hard hitting Russian I think he will get knocked out. If he keeps fighting the best light heavyweights at his age he could get hurt. I am sure there are some top light heavyweight he can still beat but what does he have left to prove?

Comment

Hard work, taking care of himself, and total dedication tothe craft.

Comment

i still don't know how he took 220 punches from calzaghe. best chin of all time?

Comment

Winning 2 of your last 5 fights is dominating??? 1 draw, 1 loss, and 1 no contest, He's actually on his way out once Kovalev lays them hands on him.

Comment

Because he is Bhop. Duh.

Bhop P4P #1 2015

Comment

Because he knows all the tricks of the trade and don't get hit.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
                  skills, smarts, dedication, to celebrate he doesn't eat cake but he eats nice seafood instead.
                  Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Hopkins is a one of a kind amazing fighter and I don't think any fighter will ever do as well as he has done at such an old age. The light heavyweights are not that strong now but that takes nothing away from what Hopkins has done. He did lose to Dawson so he is not dominating completely.But he just won another title over Cloud and at his age that is incredible.He is not pretty to watch anymore and I wish he would retire. He must be very rich so why risk his health fighting? If he fights that hard hitting Russian I think he will get knocked out. If he keeps fighting the best light heavyweights at his age he could get hurt. I am sure there are some top light heavyweight he can still beat but what does he have left to prove?
                  Good answers. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
                    Hard work, taking care of himself, and total dedication tothe craft.
                    Wladimir Klitschko does all of things also, so I look foward to him ruling the division until the age of 48.

Comment

Dominating? Winning 2 of his 5 last fights isn't dominating.

Plus it's hard to tell unless your boxing knowledge is impeccable like mine but he's been on a steady decline ever since getting schooled by Calzaghe. He's still good enough to compete in the mediocre division though.

Comment

Working...
                      X