Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Alexander To Khan: You Don't Run ****, No Dubai!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    As far as I know, it's Golden Boy who are pushing for the fight to be in Dubai, not Khan. I don't think Khan particularly cares as long as it's not St.Louis. Khan is coming off back-to-back wins.

And @ the idea that Bailey was calling the shots against Alexander. He was the champion on paper but he was a showcase fight for Alexander.
    Bailey didn't have to take the fight, it wasn't like Devon was the mandatory or anything. And there are articles around this site stating that Kahn AND his father was trying to get the fight in Dubai. Apparently Alexander was as shocked as Kahn's foolishness as I was when I first heard about it (hence the thread title).

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Khan is the greatest Muslim fighter to date.
      ... And Schaefer doesn't want to loose the Orient race to Top Rank.
      They should fight in Sharm el-Sheikh.
      I agree. He's so much better than that bum Muhammad Ali

Comment

As far as I know, it's Golden Boy who are pushing for the fight to be in Dubai, not Khan. I don't think Khan particularly cares as long as it's not St.Louis. Khan is coming off back-to-back wins.

And @ the idea that Bailey was calling the shots against Alexander. He was the champion on paper but he was a showcase fight for Alexander.
        And my bad, I didn't include the last two bums that Kahn fought in last two fights after getting man handled by Peterson and crushed by Garcia. Many people feel Diaz deserved that nod as well even though he's years past it. Let me rephrase, he's coming off of back to back loses against fighters actually ranked in the top 10 in the division

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
          You are living in cloud cuckoo land Marquez/Bradley ducking Khan go away - these guys climbed in the ring with the Pacman but they duck Khan, if thats what you want to think please don't let me stop you. Like I have said before and I will say again if there is dillusional boxing fans it is the Khan's fans.
          They both actually did, When JMM was still with GBP he refuse the Khan fight because he thought he was being use as a stepping stone, nacho told him not to take the fight because style wise it isn't in his best interest. And Bradley also ducked the fight after asking for the fight, he first claimed Khan was ducking him and when offered the fight at 50-50 he said "If he loses where does he goes from there" "He would be out of the Pacquiao sweepstakes"

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            What's the point of Dubai anyway?
            What, all the Saudi princes going to go and buy seats for a million dollars?

No, Arab royals dont go to boxing events they bring the events inside their palaces. The Sheik is sponsoring to make the fight as a side show to a party to be held in the palace, thats that.

Comment

• Alexander just wants to fight at home to get a hometown disgraceful decision.

Khan will destory this fraud and i cant wait to see his racist trainners face when alexander gets knocked out

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                They both actually did, When JMM was still with GBP he refuse the Khan fight because he thought he was being use as a stepping stone, nacho told him not to take the fight because style wise it isn't in his best interest. And Bradley also ducked the fight after asking for the fight, he first claimed Khan was ducking him and when offered the fight at 50-50 he said "If he loses where does he goes from there" "He would be out of the Pacquiao sweepstakes"
                This here is FACT.

But the haters cannot accept it..

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                  Bailey didn't have to take the fight, it wasn't like Devon was the mandatory or anything. And there are articles around this site stating that Kahn AND his father was trying to get the fight in Dubai. Apparently Alexander was as shocked as Kahn's foolishness as I was when I first heard about it (hence the thread title).
                  And Alexander doesn't have to take this fight. Good luck getting paid elsewhere. Once again, Khan doesn't care where the fight is. If Dubai makes sense financially, there's no reason they can't fight there.

You talk about Devon like he's some long reigning respected champion and not the reality which is that he cherrypicked a belt.

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                  And my bad, I didn't include the last two bums that Kahn fought in last two fights after getting man handled by Peterson and crushed by Garcia. Many people feel Diaz deserved that nod as well even though he's years past it. Let me rephrase, he's coming off of back to back loses against fighters actually ranked in the top 10 in the division
                  i will learn not to take your posts seriously from now on. Alexander is coming off wins against a well past it Randall Bailey and Lee Purdy. A murderer's row. The kid lost 3 in a row at elite level and his only good win is against a guy who Khan beat years prior.

Comment

And Alexander doesn't have to take this fight. Good luck getting paid elsewhere. Once again, Khan doesn't care where the fight is. If Dubai makes sense financially, there's no reason they can't fight there.

You talk about Devon like he's some long reigning respected champion and not the reality which is that he cherrypicked a belt.

i will learn not to take your posts seriously from now on. Alexander is coming off wins against a well past it Randall Bailey and Lee Purdy. A murderer's row. The kid lost 3 in a row at elite level and his only good win is against a guy who Khan beat years prior.
                    Yeah but at least he didn't lose twice in a row and once by knockout. Alexander has a recent streak that includes great wins over Maidana, Mathysse and a champion. He literally made Maidana look like nothing and beat him the easiest anyone ever had (Kahn had to survive and literally turn his back and run). I personally feel that Lucas edged him out but the fight was close. This is what I'm saying, Devon has had great success recently and was even considered a serious opponent for Floyd, so lets not compare the two in terms of their last couple of fights, as you have no argument whatsoever and will continue to look just as silly as you are now.

And on your point about what makes "financial sense" that's bogus. I'm sure if Kahn kept suggesting that Dubai bs, Devon wouldn't have any problem moving on as he could make a lot of money fighting others. Floyd still has a few fights left, he may continue to pursue Devon to get an extra belt, and obviously he'd be a big favorite to win. He could also fight Bradley in a rematch. Kahn isn't the only big money fight.
                    Last edited by slicksouthpaw16; 07-11-2013, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                      Yeah but at least he didn't lose twice in a row and once by knockout. Alexander has a recent streak that includes great wins over Maidana, Mathysse and a champion. He literally made Maidana look like nothing and beat him the easiest anyone ever had (Kahn had to survive and literally turn his back and run). I personally feel that Lucas edged him out but the fight was close. This is what I'm saying, Devon has had great success recently and was even considered a serious opponent for Floyd, so lets not compare the two in terms of their last couple of fights, as you have no argument whatsoever and will continue to look just as silly as you are now.

And on your point about what makes "financial sense" that's bogus. I'm sure if Kahn kept suggesting that Dubai bs, Devon wouldn't have any problem moving on as he could make a lot of money fighting others. Floyd still has a few fights left, he may continue to pursue Devon to get an extra belt, and obviously he'd be a big favorite to win. He could also fight Bradley in a rematch. Kahn isn't the only big money fight.
                      Wow....this kid actually believes Devon Alexander was a serious option for Floyd.

And did you just say a Bradley rematch? LOL....the world awaits!

Comment

Working...
                      X