Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Alexander To Khan: You Don't Run ****, No Dubai!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Stick the fight in the UK, outside of Bolton, why is the whole of the UK Khan's backyard?.....When has Khan ever received a hometown decision?
    Khan got a favorable stoppage in Manchester against MAB.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Stick the fight in the UK, outside of Bolton, why is the whole of the UK Khan's backyard? The judges are always international anyway, the only reason St Louis would be a piss take is because Alexander has some of the worst hometown decisions in that place.

When has Khan ever received a hometown decision?
      I literally typed that "anywhere outside of St. Louis is neutral territory." Not once did I say the entire UK is Khan's backyard. Stop trying to start an argument with me because you're angry at something else.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Earlier this week an article ran on BoxingScene.com in which Amir Khan's father and manager Shah said that he was 90% certain his December showdown against IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander will take place in the Middle East with Dubai the leading candidate to host the event.

"We discussed Dubai and put it on the table as my preferred option to Devon. He wasn't sure at first and suggested we fight in Vegas. But negotiations are going on right now. My dad and Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy are talking to the right people in Dubai," said Amir Khan to The Sun.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Team Alexander like a boss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
          If you think Marques ducked Khan you are a muppet. Like I say again Khan fans are dillusional.
          When Marquez ducked Khan it was when Khan had beaten Malignaggi, Judah and Maidana. It was years before Marquez KOd Pacquiao, or before Khan was TKOd by Garcia - times were different. If the Khan fight came up for Marquez now and it offered a high enough payday, he'd probably take the fight now but at the time Khan was seen by many (even Khan haters) as one of the very best at 140 - It was Khan, Bradley, Alexander who were in everyone's 140 top 3, in varying orders depending on who you asked. Many had Khan as number 1 at 140.

Nacho Beristain made it clear that he didn't like the Khan style match up against Marquez - he didn't want the fight - it's all documented so look it up before dismissing it as delusional fan talk. I'm guessing you're new to (hardcore) boxing because this all happened only around 2 years back.

Comment

• Originally posted by F!x View Post
            When Marquez ducked Khan it was when Khan had beaten Malignaggi, Judah and Maidana. It was years before Marquez KOd Pacquiao, or before Khan was TKOd by Garcia - times were different. If the Khan fight came up for Marquez now and it offered a high enough payday, he'd probably take the fight now but at the time Khan was seen by many (even Khan haters) as one of the very best at 140 - It was Khan, Bradley, Alexander who were in everyone's 140 top 3, in varying orders depending on who you asked. Many had Khan as number 1 at 140.

Nacho Beristain made it clear that he didn't like the Khan style match up against Marquez - he didn't want the fight - it's all documented so look it up before dismissing it as delusional fan talk. I'm guessing you're new to (hardcore) boxing because this all happened only around 2 years back.
            Most people on here are n00bs or have goldfish memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
              Dubai makes absolutely no sense unless GBP is attempting to set up a Mayweather-Khan fight over there, which I suspect they are trying to do. Which means Devon would have to KO Khan to get a draw. Devon has a bargaining chip in his paper trinket to get a big fight and doesn't have to bow down to this. Devon needs to stand his ground on this one. His belt will likely keep him in line for a Mayweather or Broner "unification" in the next 12 months or so. He doesn't need to fool with this unless Khan wants to do it over here.
              If thats true that he would have to ko khan. Id call it Karma.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Khan got a favorable stoppage in Manchester against MAB.
                Well he was winning and I couldn't see an outcome of Mab. The cut was sort of bad. The only thing is, they let the fight carry on to 4 rounds so a score could be given, so it wasn't really a home town decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Most people on here are n00bs or have goldfish memories.
                  I think they goldfish memories. After I guy loses he's the biggest bum in the boxing game. I remember hearing guys say Peterson was the best at 140 after he beat holt. Then came the Machine and Peterson became a bum, was only good on juice and crap like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by handwraps View Post
                    If thats true that he would have to ko khan. Id call it Karma.
                    Floyd's not fighting anywhere outside of the MGM Grand. GB and Haymon got a contract that he fights only there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                      I think they goldfish memories. After I guy loses he's the biggest bum in the boxing game. I remember hearing guys say Peterson was the best at 140 after he beat holt. Then came the Machine and Peterson became a bum, was only good on juice and crap like that.
                      No one that said Peterson was the best at 140 before Matthysse is now saying he's a bum unless they're now saying Garcia is the best at 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X