No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward "Manny Pacquiao has to be in the top dozen of ATGs"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
    majority of flowmoes doesn't even know what a decade is.
    Yes they do...2000-2010

Comment

Found this list of his

http://www.********boxing.com/weblog...p=31784&more=1

George Foreman > Manny Pacquiao and Roberto Duran apparently.

You can tell Steward didnt really care about all time rankings. Good on him too. He was too busy being important to the sport

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

The stars are east side with no spaces.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I just know how hard it is to come up from 112lbs and do what Pacquiao did at Welter, that's why I rank him up there with Duran.

Comment

Yes Pac is where Emmanuel says Pac is. Pac fought guys of the calibre of MAB and Morrales and never looked back and he fought regularly every 6 months top opposition and he has 8 belt holder or something like that.
            Not fight once every 18months like Floyd does. BH can even do what Floyd does at BHs advanced age.

Pac has done things no one has done before, so he is considered as a GOAT.

Comment

I would personally have him off the top of my head in at least the top 25. Then it would come down to nitpicking through careers. Manny has really had an incredible career. So has Mayweather for that matter, for talent I think Floyd falls in the top 5 most talented fighters I have ever seen. In terms of accomplishments I would have him somewhere around Pacquiao. Lets see how they both finish out their respective careers, even though they now they are both past their best they can still add significantly to their respective legacies.

I think it will be a long time until we see another Pacquiao or another Mayweather...a very long time. Manny was not as technically proficient as some other ATG's, but his combination of athleticism, speed, punch power, and underrated boxing ability puts him up there with the best, he is a very unique fighter, and it's hard to compare him to anyone before, and that's why I think a lot of trainers, fans, and past fighters don't know how to take him.

It makes me laugh when people say Broner is the new Mayweather, or on that level, even before Paulie I knew I wasn't seeing those skills, those precise movements, that type of ring smarts. Floyd is truly special.

Comment

a public ************ thread swiftly turns into an attack on floyd and floyd fans. insecure paklas as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky_Smooth View Post
                  Great fighter but top 12 atg is absurd. He's not even the greatest of this generation. Floyd is way above him and Marquez is Pacquiao's papi.
                  In your dreams, laddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Silky_Smooth View Post
                    Great fighter but top 12 atg is absurd. He's not even the greatest of this generation. Floyd is way above him and Marquez is Pacquiao's papi.
                    Yes Pac is the best of this generation. To be the best you have to be seen to be pro actively doing what you got to do to be the best, ie fighting regularly top fighters.

You cant be submissive on the sidelines viewing the horizon and taking advantage of the situation like a lion in the Serengeti. You have to be an active parcipant in proceedings and not a voyeaur.
                    That's why JMM cant be seriously considered above Pac, living off of one performances against Pac.

Comment

Pacquiao in the Duran group

performance against the best, not just all of these records and eight or nine championships.
                      I rate Pacquiao with the Duran group. Pacquiao would fight anybody...like that group. I rate Floyd with Whitaker...one tier below this group. I do not rate tap & run fighters very highly.

Comment

Working...
                      X