Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had the most one punch power? Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would put Foreman on the top.

Emanuel said many times that Wlad hits harder than Lennox.

Between Tyson and Lennox I would choose Tyson as he hit with the incredible speed.
    All great punchers no doubt.

Comment

if you put a mit or a speedbag out there i wouldn't be surprised if lennox could hit it harder. he's a bigger man with much more leverage and weight to use. a heavyweight's biggest punch is usually a right hand at distance. the shots he landed on rahman were scary, for instance.

tyson had explosive power in part because of his speed and his combinations. guys would get hit with stuff they didn't see more often against tyson. he'd hit the body and they'd drop their hands. he'd get close enough with his footspeed to land a shot guys weren't expecting.

tyson was a better offensive fighter in his prime, in my opinion, and the more effective puncher. voted tyson, though i think lewis could hit a mit harder wtih the right hand. it's comparable. both hit about as hard as i care to see a guy hit. one punch power.

Comment

Gotta be Lewis.

Tyson was devastating but Lewis literally was breaking heavy bags. He used to train at one of my gyms and it was always a problem with him lol

Also Tyson was more about speed & combinations than power. Like he obviously had the power but the speed & combo caused the knockouts more than anything

Comment

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post
          Gotta be Lewis.

Tyson was devastating but Lewis literally was breaking heavy bags. He used to train at one of my gyms and it was always a problem with him lol
          Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by FromBA View Post
            The most devastating puncher I've ever seen is the prime Foreman.

^^^^^REally....at of all of fighters i would be scared of prime foremon the most...

Comment

look, I'm a mike stan, but it's gotta be lewis.

Comment

I think they are pretty close in actual power but Tysons punches were faster and fighters didn't see them coming which resulted in more shocking KO's.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMANE704 View Post
                  ^^^^^REally....at of all of fighters i would be scared of prime foremon the most...
                  True, even old George could clip a guy and send him to the canvass.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    I would put Foreman on the top.

Emanuel said many times that Wlad hits harder than Lennox.

Between Tyson and Lennox I would choose Tyson as he hit with the incredible speed.
                    All great punchers no doubt.
                    Steward said Naseem Hamed hit as hard as Lennox and i just can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      Steward said Naseem Hamed hit as hard as Lennox and i just can't see it.

He did say that, but YEAH RIGHT!

Steward was full of horse **** with that statement

Comment

Working...
                      X