Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana-Broner, Thurman-Soto Karass, Santa Cruz-Ceda RbR & Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Broner would have A LOT of problems.

Comment

I predict someone will show some chiken dance for the first time...

Comment

This is a difficult fight to predict because we don't know how Broner will handle the pressure coming at him from a strong physical guy who can punch at this weight or if Broner's power will be as devastating at WW, enough to hurt Maidana to the body where he has shown to be weak in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Glad you thought it through. There's no doubt in my mind Maidana will win, and most likely stop him. Alot of people in this thread are going to eat some crow, and have no been paying attention to Maidana and his development as a fighter.
          This is how I feel as well. They point to Alexander, Khan.. but its my opinion Maidana is a better fighter than he was in those fights. He wasn't using the jab at all in those fights, and had much less head movement and defensive tricks than he has now.

Notice how he took Lopez, a very solid guy, down. Soften him up all night with the jab and the 1-2...roll and dip and even deflect many punches.. finish by sticking a right to the body, to set up a crushing overhand right to the head. These aren't things he was doing just 3-4 fights ago. Watch his fight catalog the guy's always been a relentless destroyer, but not with that kind of technique. Maidana... setting up punches?!?

He's been going through a renaissance of sorts since he hooked up with Garcia. He's getting better... and that's scary because he was a tour de force to begin with, due to his power and heart.

I think that factor, his continuing improvement, is what's going to win him the day against Broner. In fact I would say he is improving at a greater and more promising rate than Broner, if we are to compare how these fighters were just 3-4 fights ago.

Comment

Broner beats him I don't think he ko's him tho he isn't very active he just pot shots a lot he can throw combo's but seemed against paulie to just lay back a lot. Maybe it was just paulie out put that slowed him up some but I've never seen broner be overly active in any fight so 12 rd Ud or late late late stoppage if he slows maidana up with body punches enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
              This is how I feel as well. They point to Alexander, Khan.. but its my opinion Maidana is a better fighter than he was in those fights. He wasn't using the jab at all in those fights, and had much less head movement and defensive tricks than he has now.

Notice how he took Lopez, a very solid guy, down. Soften him up all night with the jab and the 1-2...roll and dip and even deflect many punches.. finish by sticking a right to the body, to set up a crushing overhand right to the head. These aren't things he was doing just 3-4 fights ago. Watch his fight catalog the guy's always been a relentless destroyer, but not with that kind of technique. Maidana... setting up punches?!?

He's been going through a renaissance of sorts since he hooked up with Garcia. He's getting better... and that's scary because he was a tour de force to begin with, due to his power and heart.

I think that factor, his continuing improvement, is what's going to win him the day against Broner. In fact I would say he is improving at a greater and more promising rate than Broner, if we are to compare how these fighters were just 3-4 fights ago.
              That's true he has improved a little bit but not enough to say he'd all of the sudden day he be able to break broner down maidana still gets hit plenty and they were having a war up to the stoppage and Lopez was ahead on two cards.
              Maidana has problems with anyone that can box some he would get picked apart most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                That's true he has improved a little bit but not enough to say he'd all of the sudden day he be able to break broner down maidana still gets hit plenty and they were having a war up to the stoppage and Lopez was ahead on two cards.
                Maidana has problems with anyone that can box some he would get picked apart most likely.
                While I do think Maidana can be outboxed still, I don't think Broner is the one to do it. Too stationary. Flat footed self. He is not a creative fighter, he's a copycat.. a bootleg, and he is weaker for that.

Marcos is one of a kind, and he will put you through Hell. I don't think Broner can handle it!

And the fix was in for Lopez. There is no way because he had that few round rally that that put him up on any kind of respectable card over Maidana. Its a good thing Chino took it out of the judges hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  While I do think Maidana can be outboxed still, I don't think Broner is the one to do it. Too stationary. Flat footed self. He is not a creative fighter, he's a copycat.. a bootleg, and he is weaker for that.

Marcos is one of a kind, and he will put you through Hell. I don't think Broner can handle it!

And the fix was in for Lopez. There is no way because he had that few round rally that that put him up on any kind of respectable card over Maidana. Its a good thing Chino took it out of the judges hands.
                  That's true maidana a relentless sob but he's week to the body he few good body shots and Constant tying up will kill a lot of that. The blue prints there to beat him however boring it was but broner seems to have more power then Alexander so he might have a easier time.

Comment

The only way Maidana wins is if Broner folds under his power and pressure.

But Broner is nothing special. Get him in with a guy who has power, has good movement and box well and he'll be in trouble.
                    Last edited by Derranged; 07-08-2013, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Easy fight to pick, Broner wins this, I'll say by U.D as Maidana's heart should pull him through.

Comment

Working...
                      X