No announcement yet.

Maidana-Broner, Thurman-Soto Karass, Santa Cruz-Ceda RbR & Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TGD View Post
    I'm as far from a Broner fan as you'll get but I think he gets a decision against Maidana. Guys who stand in in front of Broner are tailor-made for him. Maidana isn't exactly famed for his movement.
    And guys who stand in front of Maidana are tailor-made for him. Broner has better defense but they will both tag each other. The difference is Maidana will eat those shots and Broner will break down.

Comment

As much as I laugh at Broner and his hype train, Maidana is sort of made to order for him. Maidana has shown easy to hit, and not all that hard to hurt. He will also come right to Broner, which is EXACTLY what Broner likes. Maidana does have a shot because he hits like a train and because Broner is cemented to the ground. But as it is, I'd bet on the over hyped ninja turtle Broner. Oh, and WAR Maidana!!!

Comment

AB stops him. I like Maidana too but I think Broner just has the perfect combos to hurt Maidana

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
          This is a easy win for Broner. I don't even like the guy but I won't lie. Maidana does NOT like body shots at all. And that is really all Broner has to do. Use his accuracy and set up good body shots. Maidana was getting badly hurt by Alexander by body shots and he doesn't even punch that hard.
          Lol tell that to Urango and Witter. Alexander has that sneaky power.

Comment

Easy money, all day, AB. We young doe.

Comment

AB will probably take this but I'll be praying to GOD (I'm an atheist, so that's saying something) that Maidana sparks Broner the fugg out.

Comment

It's too close for me to call.

I'm not sure Broner hits hard enough at 147 to keep Maidana off him. Then again, Maidana doesn't have the movement Paulie did that gave Broner fits, as I predicted. Broner will land several eye catching combinations of him throughout the fight.

If Broner can't stun Maidana at least or earn his respect, I could Maidana pushing the pace and breaking him down. If Maidana fights behind his jab, which Broner is susceptible to and goes to Broner's body, which is very open, he can win.

If Broner uses his legs more, not sure he can, keeps the fight at a distance, but gets off first in the exchanges, he can win.

Comment

These are the kind of fights Broner needs to be taking to earn people's respect. He did when he fought Ponce in a big step up at that point, and it was a close fight. He did again when he fought DeMarco, who was the #1 Lightweight. He needs to fight someone like Maidana next.

Comment

Either might win by KO/TKO.

Maidana is easy to hit, but he's tough enough and has the heart to come back in a fight after he's been hurt (like in his fight with Ortiz).

It remains to be seen what Broner will do when he's been getting hit by a strong puncher. Would he come back after he's been hurt?

I'm leaning toward a KO/TKO win for Maidana.

Comment

Broner lost a bit of my faith last fight. I knew Paulie would cause problems and win 3-4 rounds, I thought he won 4, but I didn't expect Broner to look so.....limited in his attack. He seemed like he just kept trying the same exact thing until it worked. I don't know. A better fighter than Paulie will exploit that.

Not to say Paulie is bad, I count that as a decent win for Broner, nothing more or less. Maidana would be a good win for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X