No announcement yet.

Maidana-Broner, Thurman-Soto Karass, Santa Cruz-Ceda RbR & Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Exactly. Most of these people will look incredibly foolish for being stubborn and not giving Marcos the respect of an intelligent and driven fighter to improve his fundamentals and add weapons to his arsenal. All around EL CHINO has improved and the fact that people in here give him no chance is laughable.
    Maidana will always have the power to keep him in fights, that's his equalizer. But people that think he is a vastly improved fighter are ******. He has got some wins under Garcia but he looked like the same old Maidana against Lopez and Soto Karass.

Comment

I like Marcos, but I give him no shot against Broner. I think Adrien is starting to take the sport and his training seriously which will make him a much better fighter. And Marcos is there to be hit, he's not a mover like Paulie which will make Broner look better than he his.

Comment

Broner wins this easy unless he has a bad chin (hasn't been tested yet imo) Maidana is so overrated and one dimensional.

Comment

Maidana is literally tailor made for Adrien Broner's style. You want to make Broner look good? Watch how he looks after the bout.

Comment

Has any other source confirmed this fight being made yet other than "BoxscoreNews"? Not sure how trustworthy that one really is.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
              I like Marcos, but I give him no shot against Broner. I think Adrien is starting to take the sport and his training seriously which will make him a much better fighter. And Marcos is there to be hit, he's not a mover like Paulie which will make Broner look better than he his.
              Stylistically and skill-wise Maidana is not a problem for Broner, I agree.

What makes me wonder is his discipline and apparent lack of dedication. I was watching All-Access for Mayweather vs Canelo, Floyd was calling Broner fat, and by Adrien's own admission "rap isn't good for an athlete".

I don't think he's being so dedicated, a pity, because in spite of his persona I believe the kid has some good potential.
              Last edited by B-Bomber; 09-09-2013, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Maidana does get dropped, but what does he do after that?
                He gets up and really beats guy to a bloody pulp, and he's been dropped by better and stronger boxers than Broner.
                Paulie said Broner has no power, and it does seem that way.
                And finally, Maidana hits like a beat, and Broner has a crappy defense. It is what it is people. His defense sucks. Can Broner take Maidana's power?

Comment

Very even poll up to now. I expected more consensus that Broner has it in his bag. I give my boy Chino a pretty big chance to TKO the Problem.

Comment

I'm surprised to see Maidana winning in the poll. I also think he wins by KO but wasn't sure where most of you guys stood on the fight.
                    If Broner fights flat footed like he does Maidana's going to hurt him bad.

Comment

• BRONER VS. MAIDANA SET FOR DECEMBER 14 PAY-PER-VIEW SHOWDOWN?

Sources close to the information have informed us that a deal has been reached in principle for a December 14 pay-per-view showdown between WBA welterweight champion Adrien Broner and former jr. welterweight champion Marcos Maidana. Although contracts have yet to be signed, we're told that both fighters have agreed to all terms. According to our source, Broner has already begun light workouts in preparation for the bout.

Though details have yet to be finalized, there's a strong possibility that undefeated welterweight contender Keith Thurman, as well as former welterweight champion Victor Ortiz, may also be fighting on the card. Be sure to check back soon as more details become available.

FH

Comment

Working...
                      X