No announcement yet.

Body shots that have broken ribs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body shots that have broken ribs?

When I think about great body shots that resutled in broken ribs and knockouts.....Roy Jones jr's vicious body shot against Virgil Hill pops into my head. That was brutal and beautiful - the perfect body shot IMO

Is this the best body shot ever??

Could you guys name some of your favorite fights where the highligt was the body shot that ended the fight with broken ribs and everything.

Chavez broke frankie randals ribs

Comment

my gosh that was a great shot
      i spar nd i must say thats an easy nd great combo to throw to someone w a weak jab, that leaves it out like that!

Comment

That was to the kidney

Comment

That's funny because when I read the title of the thread I was coming in to post that very same video.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
            That was to the kidney
            It was. You could see where his hand was when he was on the ground.

Body shots suck. I can say I`ve been dropped 3 times by body shots in sparring never in a fight tho. But I`ve never been down by a head shot sparring or fight.

Comment

Didn't hatton break one of Castillo's ribs?

Joe Louis broke schmelings that's not what ended it but it didn't help.

Jack Dempsey broke Jess Willard's ribs and lots of other stuff lol

Comment

Gerry Cooney broke Ken Norton's ribs and I think Ron Lyle's also.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  When I think about great body shots that resutled in broken ribs and knockouts.....Roy Jones jr's vicious body shot against Virgil Hill pops into my head. That was brutal and beautiful - the perfect body shot IMO

Is this the best body shot ever??

Could you guys name some of your favorite fights where the highligt was the body shot that ended the fight with broken ribs and everything.
                  It's not as unheard of as you might think, I have gotten my ribs cracked twice, once in a match and once sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                    Didn't hatton break one of Castillo's ribs?

Joe Louis broke schmelings that's not what ended it but it didn't help.

Jack Dempsey broke Jess Willard's ribs and lots of other stuff lol
                    Dempsey actually didn't. That report was greatly exaggerated by the newspapers. I believe that Willard was bruised a little around the body, but nothing broken. No teeth either. Willard gave a long News interview to a group of reporters the next morning, just before taking off for the 800 mile drive home. He was with his wife, and I've seen pictures of the two in the car, surrounded by reporters just before leaving.

Comment

Working...
                    X